Fears

Chani

Do you have any big fears? What are you scared of?

I get freaked out pretty easily, I'm scared when I'm on my own in the house.. I'm scared of all the "unknown" type things.. even aliens.. ghosts.. and when I'm alone these fears grow into something huge.

Just wondered if you guys get freaked out much? Cos I blame my freakiness on reading far to many conspiracy theory magazines and books.

Sometimes, I have this paranoia about diseases. I feel like I have a deadly disease and even begin to feel all the symptoms of it. I measure my temperature several times, only to find out it is normal, but I still can't calm myself and go to bed worried and barely sleep, checking my well being every moment.

I'm a freak, lol ::)

If I am walking home alone around 11pm/midnight, I usually look very much around me to ensure noone is there...

I am also afraid of spiders though I use to kill them when they are inside the house.

I always get the feeling that something strange is sneaking behind me when i go to the bathroom at night.

I get that too. My bathroom has a really long and dark corridor behind it and whenever I turn away I swear there's something there.

I have a fear that something is gonna pop out of hte toilet and kill me so I always check it........twice.....I'm serious too. its mainly only in porto-potties where there is a huge pit under hte seat and its dark.

Now *that's* a coincidence. I wrote something interesting in a short story a while ago:

"He knew what paranoia was; that deep terror that made him peer far below the lavatory rim for fear of the dark creatures lurking beyind the U-bend."

I have a fear that something is gonna pop out of hte toilet and kill me so I always check it........twice.....I'm serious too.

I get that too. And looking behind me all the time. I attribute it to paranoia, not fear.

I AM afraid of the dark. Mainly because of wolves, werewolves, and any other wolf-like things that could be lurking there. That and heights. I loathe heights. Acrophobia, fear of heights. Hate it.

And I think the word for fear of open spaces is 'Agoraphobia.'

I also hate really wide open spaces, especially if nothing is behind me, but I forget what that is called.

Agoraphobia, I think.

I'm afraid of people, and being in fron of crowds. I get extremely shy around anyone but my friends, and I can't think straight.

Your not much different than I. I can not talk in front of crowds. I guess thats my fear.

Agoraphobia is the fear of having a panick attack, which results in being afraid of being in situations that would arise in a panic attack, i.e. crowds, driving...

The biggest fear I have is being vulnerable. Physically, not emotionally. I am going to go all the way in the Marine martial arts to get as much defense as I can so I am not vulnerable.

I have Acrophobia (fear of heights) mostly because of what my brother did to me on my first trip to the grand canyon.... :-

when we were standing at a ledge looking over (back then I wasn't afraid of heights) my brother thought it would be "funny" to suddenly jerk my shoulders and push me out on the cliff a little.. still holding my arms, but when you don't expect that, it really scares the ummmm... (you know) out of you ;)... especially when you're little

I also have a friend who is one of the biggest arachniphobiacs (is that a word?) I have ever seen...