Now that I posted my experience, time for an actual review.
- Good story. I can tell you spend hours on it (or maybe I'm just bad).
- Ally. Most modern RTS seems to forget that the player is not alone in the world. What unique to Dune is you actually have a strong ally.
- Twist. I love twist. I didn't expect that Durant will betray me.
- The terrain was ok-ish, except for S9V1, which is good. Too many empty space, I think. I also like the custom infantry path you made.
- 2 versions with different objectives.
- Difficulty hikes after mission 6. I expect smoother line. I suggest increasing the difficulty of mission 5 & 6.
- Too many harvesters replacement event! I suggest you remove them for any AI who has Heavy Factory, please add "If refinery exist condition" for these events. This would also create space for more events.
- Player (ok, maybe only me) often confused on what to do. If the game has multiple step-by-step objective, I suggest you loop the message telling the current objective (RA2 style). That also solve the problem with mission 9.
- Most Fremen leaders was forgettable. Why bother giving them name?
- Only one side to defense. Especially in later mission, the enemy rarely attack you on more than one path. So mass turret was too effective. Ordos's Tactic 9 by Cm_blast did a nice job on this.
- No named Fremen died in Sietch in mission 9, inconsistency.
- 2 versions. I'm not really the fan of this system, I'd prefer a route system where if you decide on option A, then you go all the way on version A.
- No twist on enemy side.