The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

Why sad? I thought old posts would make one feel tickled. Mine did, albeit with the added embarrassment and awkwardness.

I was joking, I feel the same way about it as you. I was clueless and obstinate as a teenager, and in some cases pretty rude. Some of the old threads are still fun reading through of course.

Aha! Proof that global warming is false! (looks slowly towards Edric/ACElethal)...

Anybody find themselves slightly embarrassed at previous posts of themselves? 5 years, 6, sometimes 4 years ago for me. Only some of them ;)

LOL  ;D

Why does that prove Global Warming False? Part of the theory is extremes in local weather, it is the overall temperature which rises.

Global warming evidence such as Eastern Canada getting another storm, Everywhere has either snowfall warning, freezing rain warning (yet again for me), or rainfall warning. Every 5 days it is another storm. It is getting very annoying. We have had non stop warnings every week since early December.

I'm currently have possibility of freezing rain tonight, all day tomorrow, and Sunday.  >:(

No wonder Canadians are taking vacations in Central America.

I was joking, I feel the same way about it as you. I was clueless and obstinate as a teenager, and in some cases pretty rude. Some of the old threads are still fun reading through of course.

Excuse me, but teens/kids are not necessarily rude, obstinate or clueless! GENERALIZATION! >:( 

Excuse me, but teens/kids are not necessarily rude, obstinate or clueless! GENERALIZATION! >:(

Sorry, but I don't see how Anathema generalized? He only said that HE himself was rude, obstinate and clueless as a teenager, and not all teenagers. :P

I was clueless and obstinate as a teenager, and in some cases pretty rude. Some of the old threads are still fun reading through of course.

Hehe, yes, I feel that way too - I think we all do. In my early teens I was quite fanatical about computer games... *cough* ordoswillprevail *cough*

What I find interesting is that the average age for the FED2k forums seems to have significantly increased, despite a large number of old posters leaving and new ones joining. I, for one, fully expect to be posting here until the end of my life or the end of the internet, whichever comes first.

We are pretty much the first generation of people who used the internet as a social environment. As our generation gets older, I expect to hear things about politicians having their old forum posts or facebook profiles used against them in electoral campaigns, or teenage children running across the posts made by their parents back in their own teenage years.

I'm going to be careful about what I do from now on! :D

Hehe, yes, I feel that way too - I think we all do. In my early teens I was quite fanatical about computer games... *cough* ordoswillprevail *cough*

I'm sure you'd still be fervently telling us that Ordos would prevail ;)

I wonder if I would be posting here till the end of my life or the Internet. It's quite hard to say...

Thats disturbing Edric, but very good points. Don't plan on getting rid of me anytime soon either he he.

Why would we want to get rid of you? In fact, you better start posting again, or bad things shall happen to you and yours...  ;)

Yes, I did think that the other day, that when I run for Prime Minister, they'll find all my posts on here, the media that is, and reproduce them all.

I'd vote.

Not for you though for the other guy. ;)

Well, he's a conservative, so it depends on whether he wants to be sensible or not.

Normally he'd take over the conservative party. These days he could take over Labour without much difficulty and have an election where either of the main candidates were in fact tories (at heart). With a bit of imagination he might even be able to do it to the Lib dems, bringing about an election that would, in broad terms, be a win-win-win situation for a young conservative.

Unless of course someone told everyone what was up and one of those pesky minor parties got in.

• 1 month later...