The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

I am still finding it weird to sign in with an email address rather than my user name!

@Edric O For me, 2008 does seem like a lifetime away. In that time I've moved cities and countries (went to Germany and came back), finished my degree, had a couple changes in career, and had a daughter. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up though. I can definitely make another London trip (once Covid-19 allows).

You'd expect that a new movie would bring new merchandise, games, books, etc, so now seems like a good time to keep more of an eye on the forum. I'll try to have a look more than once a year, anyway!

Hey everyone! Randomly had the thought to check in on the old forum (entering 6th week of lockdown here in the, relatively, unscathed Czech Republic) and it's great to see so many of the old guard. Can't believe it's been so long since meeting @Dunenewt and @Edric O for our museum jaunt. Still the only internet meet up I've ever attended. Hope you all are doing well, since then I moved to Czech and now am over in the US (or would be had I not gotten caught in Czech during a visit back), almost got married but It didn't work out (no her name wasn't Crystal) 

• Upvote 1

I was in Pardubice (home of gingerbread, horse racing and explosives) for 6 years and then moved to Prague until last summer. My company still has a large office here and my SO lives here so I'm coming back every couple of months or so. Brno was really nice the last time I visited (which was many years ago I must admit). It felt like Prague without the worst of the tourists. :)

*cracks neck*

Ah, that's better. exatreides has risen!  Well, I mean Gob merged the two accounts, so I can go back to using this ol girl. Says I made the account in 2004, but I think it's my second account, with my first being from 98 or 99. Anyway. It's good to officially back. Not a whole lot going on around here still. Haven't gone to help in Chicago or New York due to some hiccups with my vaccine records. Hopefully those get resolved.  Just kinda hanging out till then, doing some work at home and playing witcher 3 on xbox

On 4/20/2020 at 3:18 PM, Khan said:

I was in Pardubice (home of gingerbread, horse racing and explosives) for 6 years and then moved to Prague until last summer. My company still has a large office here and my SO lives here so I'm coming back every couple of months or so. Brno was really nice the last time I visited (which was many years ago I must admit). It felt like Prague without the worst of the tourists. :)

Prague must be great now, last time I could enjoy only Zizkov without the tourist stampede... I was once in Pardubice, also some time ago, during the prohibition, everybody was angry :)

Ahah I was still in Pardubice during prohibition! Small world!

Prague is very nice actually, Zizkov is close to where I live and everything is close to deserted but busy enough not to be creepy. Over the next couple of weeks they are relaxing lockdown until June when it should be mostly gone but with some restrictions (numbers in gatherings, mandatory face mask) so as long as the weather is nice it should be quite nice to be out.

Let's see if this works. Going to ping the top 20 posters of all time. Those with checks have visited recently.

1. @Andrew✔️
  2. @Acriku
  3. @Dunenewt✔️
  4. @Gobalopper✔️
  5. @Edric O✔️
  6. @nemafakei
  7. @Dante
  8. @Caid Ivik✔️
  9. @Anathema
  10. @exatreide✔️
  11. @lowzeewee
  12. @TMA_1
  13. @Timenn
  14. @Terror
  15. @Mahdi
  16. @Inoculator9
  17. @Nyarlathotep
  18. @emprworm
  19. @erjin999✔️
  20. @gryphon✔️

We'll see how many people still check their email accounts they had 10 years ago. 😂

• Upvote 1

I'm glad so many of the top posters have checked in now and again - although I have to be honest, there's a fair few names on that list I don't recognise (assuming some of them have changed names). I know that most of those posters were driven here primarily by the Dune games, but hopefully all the news about a new Dune movie will get some of them back here,

I joined in 2001 so not too many before me! Just had a quick look through some of the posts on ones I didn't recognise and one was a name change, the others were just obviously not as memorable as Edric and the rest!

Looking back through my old posts, I realise that I never actually completed any of my Emperor mods...sloppy!

Not sure if you saw my post in the Frank Herbert's Dune sub-forum, but it appears that someone leaked that finished but unreleased GBA game in the end!

@Edric O I check in one or twice a year but hadn't posted until now. Now much going on right now for me, unfortunately. Was working as an app developer, but was let go at the beginning of quarantine. So now I'm basically just sitting around.

What happened to my moderatorship? And my avatar??? Someone's got some 'splaining to do.

Not in the top 20, lol. I wonder where I fit in...

The total list of members, seems to be gone.
Or am I watching in the wrong area, is it somewhere, still to be found?

• 1 month later...

So, I'm terribly bored so I figured I'd jump on the ol Dune2k for an update on my life, since I am as we all know, the center of the two known universes.

I spent two weeks in Shiprock new mexico working as a triage covid nurse for the Navajo reservation, this was all volunteer (with expenses paid). We were nearly always busy, and the Navajo nation continues to be one of the hardest hit areas in the country.  Back home, I quarantined for a couple weeks and continued my Don Quixote like statehouse run. We had the primary here in Indiana, and while my GOP opponent went from 8,000 votes in 2016 to 5,001 now.  The dem went had 2,965 votes in 2016, and I had 2,947.  So, while GOP enthusaism was down, Dem's wasn't really up. Still though, the race goes on, and our website is up.

www.mishlerforindiana.com

Other than that, continue to do nursing telehealth visits, and offer what support I can to local health and advocacy organizations.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...