The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

He was last active on 25 May 2011, according to his profile. He probably doesn't check the forums on a regular basis any more, so we'd have to contact him.

On a related note, I can't believe it's been three and a half years since our FED2k meet-up in London... Time moves so fast when you get old. :)

He was last active on 25 May 2011, according to his profile. He probably doesn't check the forums on a regular basis any more, so we'd have to contact him.

Well, hopefully Dante or Wolf or someone can reach him through Facebook or other means? Personally I don't use social networks (forums don't count, do they? ;)), so I'm out on this.

On a related note, I can't believe it's been three and a half years since our FED2k meet-up in London... Time moves so fast when you get old. :)

Yeah, all too true :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I'm glad to see this historic place has been well kept. The forums seem to have changed a little. The Hunter Seeker that used to be under my name has somehow vanished. : )

Is there a 'like' button for everything now? *tilts head*

I'd just like to let anyone who may be interested know that I'm still alive and doing okay. I hope life is being kind to you all, and if things aren't going too well for you right now, then may things turn out better for you soon.

I'm looking forward to the apocalypse. Hopefully it won't be a huge disappointment like the millenium bug, eh? ; )

Take care of yourselves.

-IxianMace-

IxianMace! We have not talked in ages... It's good to see you back. I remember your dedication to Emperor. It's incredible to think that it has been over ten years since the game was released.

Sometimes I think about the major events in my life in terms of cause and effect, trying to discover the small things that seemed insignificant when they happened but later on ended up having a large impact on the course of my life. Without going into any details, the fact is that I would not be where I am today if not for Emperor (in other words, Emperor led to X, which led to Y, which led to Z, which caused me to be where I am now).

I'm glad you're doing alright. Don't forget to always stop by every once in a while! For my part, although I may be away for extended periods of time occasionally, I will always, always return here eventually.

...I mean, you know, until the Mayan apocalypse happens and Quetzalcoatl devours us all.

• 1 month later...

Wait, it's a tradition now? I guess I'm behind the times because I got engaged a year ago. :)

Congrats Nema, looks like that makes 3 staff members getting married. Which reminds me I need to send that hat to Mahdi for his wedding gift...

Greetings Dune2k!

I highly doubt most of you would remember me; I was not an active member of this forum for a prolonged amount of time. I was one of those people that came in for a few years and accumulated about 2k posts then went on my way. I joined this forum when I was ten years old in 2002 - I am now 19 years old and a sophomore at university. I'm glad to see that this place is still getting some occasional posts :) I'll never forget about this place as my first internet hangout.

I hope you all (some I may know, most I may not) are doing well and keep doing well.

Best regards,

Bryan

• 3 months later...

It has been a monumental year so far on my side. I got married in the beginning of the year. And the next generation is expected end of September.

I was in the UK in April to visit my sister and Salute 2012 was a major highlight, with this year marking the 200th aniversary of modern wargaming (kriegspiel). Me and the wife also went to Iceland because that has always been on my bucket list. I've met alot of new people this year through my biking adventures on the monstrous Super Tenere called Matilda. And this past week end we moved into the big but old house. The wife has already pointed out that she thinks I should convert one of the rooms into a wargame room. I have too much on my plate, and sleepless nights await.

I must admit: I miss Iceland. But the wife has specified the U.S. as the next place we must visit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to ask, but I was wondering what 'd be the best way to contact Gob? I 've been hoping to take him up on this;

btw, if anyone wants more details on how exactly the xbf format is laid out let me know. I can probably send some stuff your way. Keep in mind this won't really be useful unless you have some advanced programming skills.

Yea, I know...it's only been 10 years.

Well I guess since i've played this game since whenever it was released, i can call myself an old timer as well, even though i just have a measly 500 something posts, hehe

Was also looking for my old Aussie buddy Ixianmace, with whom i've also played lots of Supreme Commander afterwards together with Rigel. Anyone has his email still?

I lost it.. If so please IM it to me, i'll guarantee you he won't mind :)

Trying to be?

Dante and you and Wolf too, all seem to be gone ever since the prp 'bandits' got their just deserts. It's almost as if you have nothing to post about anymore... :P

'And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer...'

That's very true, and I'm still confused by it. I mean, you tried so hard to get rid of them, and then, when you finally succeeded, you stopped posting...

"Victory has defeated you."

Same as ever, for the most part. I am currently in the process of trying to do far too many things at the same time. :) Studying for my PhD, working, doing some political stuff, writing a book (while thinking of several others), supposedly also writing a journal article, and preparing for my wedding next year.

How about you?

Anyone remember EmprWorm? He used to blow sh!t up on any topic. Or that weird hungarian dude who said he was in the Hungarian army and kept talking about goths (teenargers I mean) and militarists being allies & shit?

Or maybe now... in 2012 I will ever find out the whole deal with the goldfish, or whatever type of fish that was... For 9 whole years I have been wondering about the damn goldfish!!!