Site Updates

Gobalopper

Its using a different system on the who's online page so the flags are different. And there might be some problems with the resolving, for example it shows Mahdi as living in the US, but it will never be perfect since some ISP might serve multiple countries.

Tell me, why do you need IP's to check where someone is coming from. If that person wants to hide that, or pretend to come from somewhere else, then let him/her.

I only want to know where somebody comes from when he/she wants to tell.

I liked it the way it used to be before the new board software. Where you could fill in you own locatioan, and people used there fantasies like the evil NaMp in the deepest pits of hell playing his fidle to the devil etc.

privacy ?

How do you mean. . .I was posting from the USoA yesterday [ pretty weird lookin at that flag, and it wasn't really correct as it was routed via a Spanish server ] and today my IP is most likely 127.0.0.1 according to the forum that logs it. I also have no flag at the moment. ;D

kind of funny I think ;)

I don't think it's that bad . . . my previous post was mainly in an adress to Timenn to show that if you don't like others to view your true location it is still possible to trick the forum into believing you are somewhere else. Or just verry close by as with my previous post. [ although besides the Doc there might not be any member here capable of making it appear that way, although just another country shouldn't be that hard ]

For the name that is not correct, well .. . it's about the flag I think, not about the name as you are also ExAtreides and not $user. Although that is my opinion.

Fornow, this is gryphon from Algeria, off to bed ;)