Site Updates

Gobalopper

ken, I meant that I can't work with YaBB because I have no edit or other function. And I hope for Gob that YaBB works a bit better with this then html. Just look at the source of this page

It's actually a bunch of php/mysql scripting, you shouldn't be looking at this page's source code but at the files needed to produce this board. Gobalopper is very good at modding for YaBB SE as he's part of the mod team and made all the mods installed on this board himself. (except the colapsable catagories mod)

"make it so that it is impossible for anyone on the Block List of the original poster to post in the threads of the original poster"

So if you blocked a mod, the mod wouldn't be able to post in the topic you created?

If someone blocked someone else out of pettiness, but made a topic which was rather popular, they would still not be able to post in it?

Do remember that no-one 'owns' a topic; the only place in which ownership even remotely is valid is in Fanfic

What this site needs is a ranking system which ranks people according to how useful they are

eg:

No Star:Navaros (not Lowzeewee though)

Half star :Lowzeewee

One Star:Members when they first join

and from then on according to how useful they are up to five stars

I would say i would be ranked about three and a half stars with Gob, Mahdi, Nema and Timenn on five stars

What this site needs is a ranking system which ranks people according to how useful they are

eg:

I would say i would be ranked about three and a half stars with Gob, Mahdi, Nema and Timenn on five stars

Thanks for saying that I am between nav and "average" members. :O

I think that's rather discriminating and how will that be done for a thousand members or more? :O

eg:

that was uncalled for. i dissagree with that. why would you post that. i have not seen any thing that would make you say that.

you haven't been here long have you 6dragoon9? No offense to lowzeewee cause he is okay, but a while back he spammed this forum up good! I think it was sort of a joke anyways. (I thought it was quite funny, especially the nav part).

But it would be unfair to use votes as some people might give 5 whereas others give 0 and stuff like that if they are involved in a flame war with each other,hate him or just for fun. >:(

I say just vote Good,Normal or Bad and the percentage of Good will be taken out of the total....how's that? :)

the old ranking system was just fine, except for a few people. most people should be ranked by post counts exactly as they were in the old system, but certain guys who have ludicrously high posts counts due to nothing other than incessant spamming - perfect example = loweezee - those guys should have their posts counts manually adjusted.

it's a shame that the whole ranking system was scrapped simply because a few bad apples (everyone who won the Most Heinous Spammer Award in the last Fed2K Awards) have a BS post count/ranking due to spam. the best solution would be to deal the spammers individually instead of making the whole site suffer, as has happened with the current decision.

the answer is simple: manually switch the posts count of guys like loweezee to -2000 Posts every 4 months. then everything would be in balance again.