Site Updates

Gobalopper

I've noticed it "hung" on the same BMP file sometimes. Changed mine to yes also should anything change I'll let you know.

Althoug how would it effect a non-loged in user browsing the site ? Is there a default user profile for that ? [ ie. guest account as user ]

Didn't want to mention it yet, although I also had is logged in as guest .....

You didn't make any changes in your profile sind the time it "worked" just now ?

[edit]

sorry, you already answered that one :-

Didn't want to mention it yet, although I also had is logged in as guest .....

You didn't make any changes in your profile sind the time it "worked" just now ?

No, I just cleared all cookies and files, so that I could "clean" browse as guest. Since that failed, I tried the suggestion I made earlier.

I will create a thread in the tech forum, as this one get's swamped with this issue.

site is working great, you guys with all the problems must be suffering just because God doesn't like you

I have a new suggestion: Ignore Forums. I wanna be able to ignore all the Forums I don't ever go to. it's annoying to see the "new posts diamond" next to Forums I never go to. since the "new posts diamond" is useful for Forums I do go to, my eyes are naturally accustomed to looking at any text with that diamond next to it. it's a waste of my time for me to have to see that icon next to Forums i never go to and a huge annoyance that my eyes were forced to look at text i didn't want them to look at. i am sure i am not the only one in this boat.

so preferably, make an Ignore Forum feature. if that's too hard, then at least make it a Preference option so that what ever Forums a member chooses can be specified and PERMANENTLY marked as READ

??? How about an ignore Navaros function instead. :P

we already have that. the only reason we already have that is because *I* suggested we make an Ignore User function to Gob. it was my idea, i got the ball rolling on that. so you can thank me for doing that for you before you use it on me :)

OT: Ignoring people is not what I do Navaros even if I do not agree with everything they say sometimes. You on the other hand have some usefulness as displayed by your clever chest-beating for the function that you take credit for in your previous post. 8) ::)

I spoke too soon the problem has returned but this time I only see the avatars in this thread. ???

OT: Ignoring people is not what I do Navaros even if I do not agree with everything they say sometimes. You on the other hand have some usefulness as displayed by your clever chest-beating for the function that you take credit for in your previous post. 8) ::)

oWnaGe

http://www.dune2k.com/forum/?board=2;action=display;threadid=5782;start=msg62783#msg62783

For the people experiencing image problems;

I have the same problem in IE 6.0. However it seems that nobody under the Mozilla browser or anything based off Mozilla. I don't have any troubles under MozillaFirebird 0.6 (aka Phoenix new version) or under K-Meleon 0.7 which I'm on right now.

I've got other stuff I need to get done first, but I might add it if I have the time. You're free to code it yourself, then you can actually take credit for something more then just asking me to implement it for you.

hey nav, whats stopping you from collapsing them?

thanks for the tip. that does help to a certain extent. but there are still a whole whack of worthless boards in the Dune Games Section which will continue to cause the problem until the changes I suggested above get coded into the site.