Site Updates

Gobalopper

I'll bet you'll have to do it again. Lately I have to do this almost everytime I visit the board, not to mention that I have to login again since the temp files and cookies are erased. God ! I deleted cookies of other sites too, :-

You are right. I need to do that everytime I visit. I can't be bothered with that though. I only will do it when I need to view an attachment.

not to mention the smilies..... what's wrong with the cookies Gob ?

Then Nyar and me have a mistery to solve.

Same as Nyar, it doesn't bother me much, (exception is that I have to login again in every site I need to, since I delete all cookies), what bothers me is that I don't know the cause. Well, we'll see..

To zamboe and Nyar, did you just delete the cookies or cookies and temp-internet files ?

If it happends again you could try to make your cache a little bigger and other things related to those settings in your browser to see if that helps.

I never tried that myself, just clearing all session files does the trick for me. ..

To zamboe and Nyar, did you just delete the cookies or cookies and temp-internet files ?

If it happends again you could try to make your cache a little bigger and other things related to those settings in your browser to see if that helps.

I never tried that myself, just clearing all session files does the trick for me. ..

I have to delete all cookies and temp files. I started to do it manually also, skipping the options in the menu. I increased the size of the cache and put 500 MB for temp files (200 MB was before), but this still happening. However this problem started a few weeks ago. thx anyway gryphon.

edit - what is starting to be really annoying is that I cannot see smilies while I reply some post and therefore I cannot use them, well...

That's a lot of temp. . :-

The other option I thought of, although not as likely I thought was the time it lakes to load the page. If some where along the line your request is handled to fast the page isn't displayed correctly either. In my case, if I open about 6 Opera tab's right after eatchother from this site, one of them usually doesn't have all the avatars, or the blue "new" buttons next to the topics. Sometimes the whole pagebackground is white. [ could be the Fed2K getting to many request at one time that I don't know ]. Usually a reload is sufficient then, although in some cases I need to clear all sessions files .. ... pretty wierd but then what can I expect from using Opera and my own proxy. . .things are certain to go wrong. . I know I should have used Mozilla . . ;)

Is it just images on the forum pages or do images on the rest of the site not work either?

I see no pictures everywhere, not when I visit fan art, not on the main page, not in attachments, no smileys, not in the forum, no where.

Like I said, it has been happening since the last change. Weird thing is, it only seems to affect Zamboe and me... Zamboe, what kind of OS do you have and browser do you use ?

Oh and clearing the cookies only helps for one page for me. After looking at one topic, the image I can view are getting less. After the 3rd topic all images are gone.

Is it just images on the forum pages or do images on the rest of the site not work either?

I see no pictures everywhere, not when I visit fan art, not on the main page, not in attachments, not in the forum, no where.

Like I said, it has been happening since the last change. Weird thing is, it only seems to affect Zamboe and me... Zamboe, what kind of OS do you have and browser do you use ?

I have W98 SE and I use IE 6.0 and Opera. With IE 6.0 the problem is permanent and with Opera on some ocassions, but I use mainly IE 6.0 now.