No money for the enemy

Guest WARGOD

Guest WARGOD

I found it terible effective to ave my buzzsaws destroy the spicefields near the eemy base,if he has no money he can expand :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Ordos_Yogurt

even better: a cloaked three chevron devastator, guarded by cloaked buzzsaws

=====================

The Yogurt of the Future

• 4 months later...

Destroying his spice field alone is pointless.

However the idiot carryall will fly the harvester to another field so you should guard that place with AA.

I've tried it once and it worked really good.

However this was on a small map and against a stupid opponent. ;)

The AI in Emperor is just horrible. I wish you had a shitload of special carryall/harvester commands like: Don't fly/move - into this area/beyond this point...

Destroying Spice field huh?

Buzzsaws cut up spice, you're right about that.

However what if they guard the spice field (sorry if i repeated what someone elses says)?

Spice is value to all 3 Houses, but not to the players. they want the money. If you cut up their spice, what if they use an all-out massive attack on you?

Answer: They have no spice, how can they attack?

usually i dont use this slow dumb tactic. only works if u have multiple "CLOAKED" buzzsaws. otherwise the enemy will spot it and send like 4 fedaykins and kill your buzzsaws before u can react.

Note that if you cut up their spice when cloaked they may notice their spice disappearing. do u remember how irritating a cloaked sand bike or dust scout is when they pop out from nowhere, snipe a soldier down, then cloak again? they are sure irritating. you can detect such vehicles even when cloaked because of their spotlight. Follow the moving spotlight (easier to notice when they are going UP ramps). Then get near the unit and BANG! BANG! BANG! The enemy should hear a unit lost message and slam his/her table and scolding vulgarities.

• 3 months later...

Both normal worms and worm riders. Or superweapons.

Even without those factors, such a formation can still fall. Flame tanks have to rush towards enemies to attack. Missiles tanks and Devastators tend to stand and shoot (when unattended). Thus infantry could draw the flame tanks away and then vehicles could finish them off. Then Anti-vehicle infantry finish it off.

About destroying raw spice: it's far better to destroy the spice that will not regrow, leaving only the spice bubbles as income. But this has bad points as well as good: Your opponent only needs to defend key areas where he knows his harvesters will have to go to.

Hmm, perhaps you could destroy your own non-regenerating spice near your base if you want to have better carryall control and security. Of course, only do this if you have enough spice bubbles around you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...