No money for the enemy

Guest WARGOD

• 2 weeks later...

you can detect such vehicles even when cloaked because of their spotlight. Follow the moving spotlight (easier to notice when they are going UP ramps).

As far as cloaked units are concerned, you can't see the spotlight when they are cloaked. Secondly, you cannot force fire on the invisible unit if you can't target it.

Here is how I detect invisible units.

1. Even though you can't see the unit, you can still HEAR it.

2. Sand Bikes and Buzzsaws (especially Buzzsaws) tend to kick up a lot of dust and sand when they are moving over the sand areas of Arrakis. You can see this dust/sand trail, and therefore see the path or direction that the unit is travelling in. Force fire in front of this trail, in the direction that it is moving in with a unit that does splash damage (e.g. Mortar Infantry, Kobras, Minos,) and hopefully you will snare the invisible unit. Once the cloaked unit has taken serious damage, it will decloak permanently until it has been repaired back up to about 60% health.

Sand Bikes and Buzzsaws would be rarely cloaked? They are the most common units that grab the crates! When they attack, they only become visible for about 1 second, then they will become cloaked again, which makes tracking their movements somewhat difficult. That is why you should check to see their dust trail.

Careful that your Advanced Carryall doesn't get shot down when it's dropping the enemy harvester to your base. Your own units could accidentally take it out as it touches down due to the lag in the Missiles. You should HOVER, then allow the units to destroy the harvester. I agree with Desert Eagle however. That dirty trick works very well against the AI.

Can work against humans as well, but only if you do it in a subtle way. Steal one harvester for every refinery, so they don't notice right away that their economy is going a little slower. Might just be enough to bring them down over time, but if they are very observant, then it may not work.

I set my Gunships/Ornithopers to group 0. Any advanced carryalls to group 1, 2, 3, etc, etc. Attack groups start from 7, and come down from there. I almost always select 1 scout after the initial flurry of scouts at the start of the game as group 8, so I can select it quickly and micromanage it into the enemy base.

(Heheh, let's get a closer look...)