Fed2k meet up

Dunenewt

"We would all find an internet cafe, and then log onto Fed2k simultaneously, and have lengthy discussions about Dune, Emperor, and many other general, political, religious, and technical matters."

hahaha :)

I think we're all overplanning this.  We should just all go out for beer and wings.  Like, at Gracie's.  You know, the one on Merivale Rd?  If anybody needs to crash, they can stay at my place.

So... see you all say... next Tuesday?

Dude... I call their spleens....

Typical Canadian, always going for the spleen. No appreciation for thymus goodness.

Man, I'm so tired from my long work day, that I read "thymus" as something totally different and almost dungeonized your post.

Poor tired Mahdi. If I were to make a joke like that then I'd like to think that I'd be a bit more subtle about it.  ;)

Spleen + thymus = misunderstanding!

I do hope that doctors never make the same mistake. That could be painful.

Aye, thought this would be the case.  Most people seem to have an issue with travelling, and there is the rather large issue of there being nothing to do while we're there.  A lot of the people on the site have differing interests.  The only thing that unites us would be a general love of Dune.

My proposition would be to meet up somewhere for the premiere of the new big Dune movie that's apparently now in the planning stages.  It's sufficiently far enough away to be vague enough to call a "goal".  Maybe we could even go as far as speaking to the creators of the movie; see if we can be extended special invitations, what with us being such a great community and all. :P

That's just an idea, though.  Otherwise, we'd need something pretty big and Dune-ish to come and gather for.

Aye, thought this would be the case.  Most people seem to have an issue with travelling, and there is the rather large issue of there being nothing to do while we're there.  A lot of the people on the site have differing interests.  The only thing that unites us would be a general love of Dune.

My proposition would be to meet up somewhere for the premiere of the new big Dune movie that's apparently now in the planning stages.  It's sufficiently far enough away to be vague enough to call a "goal".  Maybe we could even go as far as speaking to the creators of the movie; see if we can be extended special invitations, what with us being such a great community and all. :P

That's just an idea, though.  Otherwise, we'd need something pretty big and Dune-ish to come and gather for.

I agree.

While London would be okay, we should all meet in Amsterdam, though :P

Back in the days when I wargamed and played PBM games, we used to organise meet ups at the various gaming conferences,of course it was with less international groups.

Perhaps you could meet up in small groups and then web conference with the other groups, this would cut down on travel and expense.

If that proved successful you could then move onto an internation meeting.

Maybe you could make the international meeting some sort of conference and invite along some personalities from the dune Genre.

Yes, London is a great place to meet, and my endorsement of it is in no way connected to the fact that I happen to live there right now. :P

Holy heck you're in London and you never told me? I'm hurt :'(

Whaaaat Edric lives in London?  Since when, and why?

London or Amsterdam seems good to me, although I might be living in Quebec for a year (or Germany, not decided) in a couple of years, so Canada is always an option.  We could always do two separate ones on the same day, one in Europe, and one in North America.  Oh, and one in Singapore for Low and Gunner.  Have they ever met in person, I mean Singapore is such a small place.