What Generation are You?

Gobalopper

When did you start visiting FED2k?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start visiting FED2k?

• Pre Dune 2000 (1998)
    • Post Dune 2000 (1999)
    • The Wait (2000)
    • Pre Emperor (2001)
    • Post Emperor (2002)
    • Today (2003)

I voted 1999, but I think it was December 22 or so in 1998. But I lurked roughly two weeks before that. Ah yes, I can remember when topics could go without any replies...and the debates between Edric O and Shaddam Corrino. I can remember when Shiroko posted, and when Mahdi's DLA (Dune Liberation Army) clan still existed for Dune 2000. I can remember when Sihaya Tuek still did map reviews and Spoonranger posted...

Too bad the forum when we upgraded once and screwed up most of our original joining dates pre August 2001, or I'd check it to make sure.

ya nav sorta does have a point this is totaly pointless u can tell when everyone joined just look at joined date on pro ... ::)

Actually you kinda can't, it screwed up during one update of the forum on most of the older members.

My profile says that I joined in 2002. I thought it was earlier than that... oh well. I'm post-Emperor because I only got here through the official site.

If I look at our numbers, you joined in 2002. I joined on 3rd of Jan 2002 :)

Anyways, what I'm interested in knowing is how the new members came on this site ? It's not that any Dune game is new.. So how did you guys came on this site ?

Previous to mid-2000, I had no decent computer. I bought a then-good computer which refused to work (it took almost a year to get it sorted...) I got a semi-tenable internet connection in mid-2001; I've been coming to the site since May 2001, as I recall, and I found the rather small link to the message board (I hadn't worked out what one of those was yet) in about September (shortly after buying Emp, if I remember correctly). I promptly started to go into Dune Editing, and soon after started helping out there in an official capacity. And then somehow, (seemingly more by accident than design) I found myself as a global mod and, soon, with lots of people asking my help on spam, textures, and all sorts.

I was visiting during the "wait period" but I think I did not join until later. I started playing Quondam in intense games of "Shogun Total War" and he would tell me about FED2k. I was always interested in Dune had all the books at that time and the current RTS games so I became a member.

Date Registered: September 26, 2001, 11:48:21

although the first time I visited this site was 1,5 years prior to that. Can't remember if it was as a guest that I posted the 5 things or so I did in that year or if I had made an account for it.

I recieved the URL from a friend of mine who knew I was [ and am ] an fan of the Dune books and we played Dune2, Dune2000 and GTA untill late in the night back then. Together with using sort of an OS he created just to see if it could be done. [ it was running on the IO.sys of DOS 6.0 to be correct ;) ]

so voted 1999. ..

My profile says, April 17, 2002. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I found the site on the internet after buying, playing, and losing quite a bit of Dune 2000. I read the FAQs, and decided to take a peek at the forums. My life has been permanently altered by that descision. :)