atredies mino vs hark tank

playerap

Simple.. *Drag's Cursor to the tank, Clicks. Drag's cursor to the Mino and clicks again. Mino fires.... Tank gets hurt a little. Assault tank fires and fires.. Mino dead *

;D

Do you know what your trying to say?

Two shot from an assault tank will take out a minotaurus ??? But minotaurus could probably take out an assault tank in 2 burst. An assault tank will probably take 10 shots to take a minotaurus

I'd say its more likely to have a group of Minos vs a group of Assault tanks rather than a 1 vs 1. In that case, it depends on numbers. A group of Minos can take out a few tanks at once, especially if the tanks were stationery for that 1st volley and you have enough Minos. Assault tanks make quick work of individual Minos, especially if you move your rear tanks into range as you wait for tanks to reload (i.e. your front tanks end up at almost at point blank range so that all your tanks are within range). With a few Minos dead, they start shooting again and many tanks are destroyed/badly damaged.

Things get more interesting when you split forces into at least 2 groups. While 1st Mino group reloads, 2nd Mino group fires. Or tanks approach from more than 1 direction, reducing splash damage to the group.

Then you can think about support units. For example, Harkonnen Missile tanks fire from behind the Assault tanks that were used to soak up Mino fire. Mongoose/Kindjal support Minos to quickly destroy Assault tanks. Gunships and Ornithopters come into play. Advanced Carryalls, Fedaykin, NIAB tanks, Ordos interference... etc

With a 1 v 1 though, provided the Assault tank reduces damage taken by moving (dodges some Mino shots) and taking advantage of Mino's long reload time, the tank would win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

... an assault tank owns a mino 1 on 1

a sonic tank owns a mno 1 on 1

a deviater owns a mino 1 on 1

a lasertank owns a mino 1 on 1

a missile tank owns a mino 1 on 1

a kobra owns a mino 1 on 1

perhaps you want more examples...

Check the rules.ini. There stands that the Assault Tank has 2400 health (WW had suggested for 2000), and the Minotaurus has 2500 health.

And don't insult people, Devastator_Apocalypse. Next time I remove such a post...

• 2 weeks later...

timenn: im sorry if you are mad at me for saying this but...

are you guys REALLY still arguing about this thing.

i remember saying how stupid this is at least a month ago

mino is from upgraded factory

assault is from non-upgraded factory

mino has big damage range

it can destroy even a large group of assaults, or at least damage them severely

• 2 weeks later...

And the laser tank of the Ordos can beat a Mino 1 vs 1 and yet, they do not include in the Upgraded Factory branch.

The reason why the Assault Tank can beat a Mino is, they deal more armor damage and has better reload speed.

And if you don't believe me, send a Assault tank vs a Mino.

When outranging yes, but it doesn't happen that much that the Assault Tank can't reach the Mino. And when the Mino is at the edge of a cliff, it can still be hit by the Assault Tank

I think it all depends on the player, Like Gunseng_Harkonnen said, all you got to do is get the assault tank outta the way b4 the mino can fire again, but say you were to just let the tank sit there in an all out up front battle, the mino would slaughter the tank, because of its health and range.

devastator_apocalypse....(and leech13),  it has already been mentioned many times in this topic, but i'll bring it up again:

The assault tank BEATS a mino 1 on 1.

In fact, judging from what you've both posted, HAve u even come across a (1vs1)mino/assault confrontation in the game? It doesn't seem like u have from the looks of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ummmmmmm. You people are going off the stereotype that a mino owns all. Why dont you try it sometime. The assualt tank wins against the mino 1v1 it doesn't matter who fires first, or that the tank has a fixed gun. The tank will win one vs oone. Until next post, Vilgent.

There is no way what you say could be true, think about it, why would an assault tank be cheaper than an mino, if you reckon a $800 unit could beat a $1300 unit, then everyone would use the assault tank and no one would use rather the mino or even ever use Atredies, because the mino is the strongest ground unit it has or maybe sonic tank in attack rate and power but has much weaker armor.

Listen Devastator_Apocalypse: The reason a mino is much more expensive is that it is anti infantry too!!! Cost of units doesn't matter when two units fight 1 vs 1!

just take the laser tank and the mino for an example... The lasertank blow the mino to shreds!