Your oldest stored post

Mahdi

For a trip down memory lane, how about everyone put up the oldest post they have stored in there profile?

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=14.msg417#msg417

4863  General Discussion / Duniverse / Re:Earth  on: July 25, 2001, 08:49:04 

I don't think it ever actually says what happened to earth in the Dune chronicals, however in the DE its a park.

As for why bad stuff often happens to Earth such as polution in sci-fi, there are 2 reasons.

1)  It makes things seem worse, so the hero seems better

2)  Because Earth will most likley suck in 100-200 years.

Ech. I don't much like being reminded of who I used to be. Fortunately my first recorded post is just a statement of ency when some guy wrote about having to study Dune in class.

I don't blame you.  I wouldn't want to be reminded of who I used to be either, if I used to be you!

:P ;D

Here's mine - not nearly as embarassing as I'd thought it might be.

1039    General Discussion / Fan Fiction / Can I Join?  on: December 16, 2003, 00:06:16

This sounds like it would be really cool.  I play Desktop D&D every week where I live, and I can't get enough of it... this sounds even better.  Here are the basics you asked for.

Race: Human

Name: Leivan

Starting Location: 1

I've got a couple of ideas regarding Class, but I'll wait and see what my Attribute Point Pool tells me.  Thanks.

//============

|| Dragoon Knight ||

============//

Hadn't learned about coloured text yet. :P

Dune Games / Emperor: Battle for Dune / Unit Stats  on: 29 June 2004, 15:07:16

Hi everyone...

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me where I can get a table or somethin like this with the units damage stats. There is a link at this page -> "le-swish's Stats - A great place to look if you are interested in unit stats." but the page doesn't exist anymore. I created a personal table for every house with information about the costs, build time, shield and so on... I found that information at another page but these stats don't include the basic damage each unit can cause... maybe anybody of you got an idea where I can get those numbers?

Looks like some of my older posts are no longer available, but here's the oldest one left:

8943    General Discussion / Duniverse / Re: Why were Ordos put into the dune series of gam  on: 20 March 2002, 04:59:46

But where can we get the DE

Haha, Dunenewt, guess what mine is?

7687    General Discussion / Duniverse / Re: Why were Ordos put into the dune series of gam  on: March 17, 2002, 13:05:01

WW found the Ordos in the DE, and decided to create a sneaky house based on it... and it worked quite well in DII.

2487    General Discussion / Duniverse / Re: Chani or Irulan?  on: Wednesday March 20, 2002,07:28.53am

I'd chose Chani over Irulan, since Chani was a skilled fighter, and wasn't twisted by the Bene Gesserit ways. Irulan is flawed in her Bene Gesserit training, and Paul married her for the wrong reason. Chani was his real concubine, even though Irulan held the title of 'wife' to Paul Atreides. The only reason Paul married her was to gain the throne through House Corrino, and later after the marriage, Irulan plotted against Paul with that facedancer Scytale. Paul never gave her any warmth, and when he died, it was only then that Irulan realized how much she loved him. ::) Chani was Paul's 'Sihaya' (the desert oasis/spring) as well. Irulan was nothing to Paul.  ;D

I'm currently on 'Children of Dune'.  ;D

I want to fix the grammar/typo(s) in the original post, but I feel like I'd be adulterating my history. :P

Haha, I remember that Chani vs Irulan thread! I guess that's the sort of thing you get on a Dune forum where the majority of posters are teenage males...

My post history is a bit mixed up. I have 250 pages of it, but I can find posts on page 240 (for example) that are older than the ones on page 250. It seems the posts in the last 10-20 pages have lost their chronological order.

However, I believe I managed to find my earliest recorded post. It's a post I made on the day this profile was created (April 17, 2000), so if it's not the absolute earliest, at least it's from the same day as the absolute earliest:

Dune Games / Dune 2000 / YOU're stupid!   on: 17 April 2000, 14:43:56

Dune2k is dead, huh? Well, if you smell something rotting, look in a mirror! Dune2k rules! Of course you don't see THAT many people in multiplayer, the game isn't exactly new.

Yeah... looks like my earliest recorded post was in a flame thread... :-[ In my defense, I was 14 at the time.

I think the posts just got disorganized in the archive, or something like that. The actual last page of my post archive has posts from February 2002. The next few pages (going forward towards the present) seem to have posts from random times, including 2000, until eventually you get to a point where proper chronological order is established (starting from some time in 2002).

I seem to remember the initial import didn't work correctly so some of the posts were not imported in the correct chronological order so their ID's were not in the correct order. And I believe that the "show posts" function orders the posts by ID and not by post date which is why the problem shows up.

This is the oldest post however its from the news feed and was imported:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=5552

Here is Mahdi's oldest message:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=475

This is the oldest non "news" related post but I think the dates were messed up at the time:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=2080

Oldest non "news" non messed up date post:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=629

3278  General Discussion / Duniverse / Chani  on: March 08, 2002, 11:46:20 

Obviously Chani. She'll love someone deeply if she happens to. And she bore Paul's children (I never knew when). However I'm at Dune still (Book Three: The Prophet) and I'm wondering what the Appendixes at the back are for?

---

Wow, how little I understood then. And how little I still understand now.

• 3 weeks later...

1898    Hosted Sites / Dune Editing / Modified Dune II Clone  on: 05 March 2004, 23:02:16

Hi people! Could ya plz explain me something? I've got some ideas on creating a new RTS game based on Dune II, but not just a clone with higher resolution and the ability to select multiple units. It would feature completely new units, sides, story, etc. Ok, I've put all my ideas into a single text file and sent it to TonyD and Stefan Hendriks via e-mail, along with some new unit/building graphics I've created, maybe they would use them in their projects (Dune Legacy and Dune II The Maker). But I still haven't got any replies. Explain me, probably it's some kinda taboo on such projects, or it's simply unpopular. ??? If someone is interested in this, I will continue my work and share all what I have made with them.

I think this could really be my very first post here, yet judging by the post count, it's not. I wonder why...