What are you listening to right now?

Dunenewt

I might be going to Quebec in the 09/10 academic year. 

Poor bastard.  Wonder if they'll make you sign their new "Loyalty Oath".

'Course, you'd better not complain about it now that your government is intercepting, reviewing, and saving every single e-mail and text message that originates in or is sent to the UK.  They might tell CSIS, who will tell INIS, who'll tell the RCMP, who will... make a file about it after questioning you and deeming you not a threat.

And I'll start... I dunno, waiting for the beaver tails to be suitably soaked?

But you'll have to buy the beer, it's half the price on the Quebec side.  Vangaurd and I will pay you back.  We promise.  Like Gob promised me a hat.

You can generally get a pint for around $6 in a bar. 

Australia you can get a schooner for $4, but bottle beers are much more expensive than in Canada as they haven't had the buck a beer explosion over there.

huh, where is this buck a beer thing happening?

Currently $17 for a 12 pack on sale. Although our government is the only one allowed to sell booze, so maybe we get taxed more (they increased prices by 54 cents per dozen last month).

also does some mod want to merge the booze related posts to the booze/drunk thread?

The Buck-a-Beers started, what, four years back(?) here in Ontario with a small number of discount breweries offering a 24 for a 24, which really has hit molson and labatt hard.  The beer itself is not great (what do you expect for a dollar?) but is no worse than Blue or Canadian in many cases.

• 2 weeks later...