What are you listening to right now?

Dunenewt

Demon Hunter - Infected

My favorite chorus from this song:

I'm infected with you

--pull the plug already

Tell me before I go -

--are you infected with me?

And now I'm listening to Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto n.3 performed by Horowitz. Just. Wow. I love piano concertos. So moving; such a trip they take you on.

Live and Let Die is the best 007 soundtrack!

Paul McCartney did a pretty damn good job w/ that one. i agree with Dante, goldeneye was pretty cool.

Demon Hunter - Infected

My favorite chorus from this song:

I'm infected with you

--pull the plug already

Tell me before I go -

--are you infected with me?

And now I'm listening to Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto n.3 performed by Horowitz. Just. Wow. I love piano concertos. So moving; such a trip they take you on.

Goodness I thought I was the only one to listen to "classical" music on this forum.  (i sometimes really hate that term. oh well)

What else do you like as far as the old art music genre goes?

Rach 3 piano concerto is awesome.  Horowitz, haven't listened to that legend's recordings in a while. I'm sure its good.  Richter is awesome. have you heard his recordings?

listening to Shostakovich cello sonata Op. 40.  recorded my the composer himself at the piano w/ Rostropovich on cello (God rest his soul.)

Goodness I thought I was the only one to listen to "classical" music on this forum.  (i sometimes really hate that term. oh well)

What else do you like as far as the old art music genre goes?

Rach 3 piano concerto is awesome.  Horowitz, haven't listened to that legend's recordings in a while. I'm sure its good.  Richter is awesome. have you heard his recordings?

listening to Shostakovich cello sonata Op. 40.  recorded my the composer himself at the piano w/ Rostropovich on cello (God rest his soul.)

Yeah man, Tchaikovsky got me into orchestral music and then just broke into piano concertos specifically. I haven't gotten into a lot, but I'll definitely check out that cello sonata. I'm actually learning the bass and hopefully will train later down the road on cello pieces.

I saw a youtube video of Horowitz when he was around 80 years old doing that concerto and it was amazing. Makes me wish my parents pressured me into playing piano at the age of 3.  :'(

Well you would know. :P

Though seriously, I've been waiting for someone to say that since I started posting these things. My taste in music seems to have gotten much more camp since I hit 19...

Surrender, cover by Less Than Jake, originally a Cheap Trick song.

Yeah man, Tchaikovsky got me into orchestral music and then just broke into piano concertos specifically. I haven't gotten into a lot, but I'll definitely check out that cello sonata. I'm actually learning the bass and hopefully will train later down the road on cello pieces.

I saw a youtube video of Horowitz when he was around 80 years old doing that concerto and it was amazing. Makes me wish my parents pressured me into playing piano at the age of 3.  :'(

ahh, yea i wish i had started earlier too.  I didn't start till....age 10 i think?  but hey better late than never, right?

about 4ish years ago i listened to almost all concertos and symphonies.  Now I seem to be listening to the more intimate realm of chamber music (string quartet, piano trio, sonatas, solo unaccompanied violin/cello/piano)

Have you heard shostakovich's 5th symphony yet? if not you should check it out. The last movement will melt your face off with its awesome rooslandish sound.

And yes, it may well be a Scottish thing.  The Scottish don't like to waste things (ergo, Haggis).  This includes wasting breath - if you don't have something terribly important to add to a conversation, then why bother?  It's something to consider.

Just because we don't say anything, Newt, doesn't mean we don't notice.

I'm listening to this. It's... it's so addictive...