Site Updates

Gobalopper

how come i just attached a screenshot to a post, and when someone now clicks on the attachment, it downloads to his computer instead of just ***DISPLAYING*** the attachment in a new window like it's supposed to?

i have to agree with loweezee. not only should posts accumulate, but when do we get reimbursed for all the times that BUGS screw up the count? ie: automatically jumping the counter from "1" to "3" due to bugs (things like this happen quite a bit), and also posts are not returned to the counter when someone deletes his posts. it's a total rip-off.

the time has come to un-do an immoral, fed2k-worsening Site Update.

i am talking about PPDs.

why are those who hack and/or try to spread trojans to everyone in the Emperor Community not banned?! namely, gunwounds/cable2ghz and kingmega. not to mention that they have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and close to 100% of their posts were flaming garbage spam. do not answer the question. there is no acceptable answer. those two, by all that is Holy, *MUST* be banned. but instead of banning them, they get PPDs. ::) that is moral outrage!

then, there is the other kind of PPD Abuse. that is, to slap PPDs on people who do not deserve it. i am here going to quote you a poem from Louis Dudek, and i only ever post Poems for matters of the utmost importance:

Freedom

My two dogs

tied to a tree

by a ten-foot leash

kept whining and howling for an hour

till I let them off.

Now they are lying quietly on the grass

a few feet further from the tree

and they haven't moved since I let them go.

Freedom may be

only an idea

but it's a matter of principle

even to a dog.

as you can see, fed2k members are often treated worse than dogs. including one who is probably *the* most experienced and knowledgable regular Emperor poster in this day and age; who never spams. he is treated worse than a dog, and given a PPD for no good reason.

then there are kids, like Unreached, who become bound on their very first day here, only for doing *ONCE* what some posters do eternally yet are *NEVER* punished for!

i used to lobby to get loweezee a post limit. if anyone on this site deserves one, it would be him. but now i realize that i was wrong to want loweezee limited. even tho he is an annoying spammer, he is still a human and should not be treated worse than the dogs in the above Poem. i apologize to loweezee for saying he should be limited. i regret having been sucked into that wrongful way of thinking. no one - except for those who need to be forever banned from fed2k (and hence would not need a PPD anyways) - should have a PPD. not even loweezee.

the time has come to scrap this evil PPD system. it is not performing the function it should. it is not stopping spammers. instead, it is binding like dogs, innocent human beings.

ban those who must be banned. reprimand those who must be reprimanded. but disrespecting and degrading fed2k Members who are not ban worthy with PPDs is morally wrong.

whoever put the warped idea in Gob's head to make a PPD system probably has a similar mindset to the guy who invented Lethal Injection for Hitler so as Jews could "die more humanely".

i request that you Update this site so as to banish this immoral PPD Policy.

relative to who-all else you banned also (ie: no one) when you banned me, i should *not* have been banned

i'd be willing to go on the ban list if you also ban each and every person who ever did anything equivalent to a thing for which i am supposedly "worthy" of being banned.

i do not cause havoc by myself. "it takes 2 to tango". and for havoc, it takes well-more than 2. so then, how is it fair to ban (or PPD even) only *one* person for havoc? that makes no sense.

i think another post is needed here just to underscore how wrong the PPD system is.

first to Andrew: i was banned the most. so? fact is, Gob is human and he makes mistakes. there are other guys who are far worthier of being banned than me, who never got banned. based on that reality, i did not deserve to be banned. besides that, i've *more* than served my time for that banning; paid my "debt to society".

likewise with the PPD system. sure, i'm a little rambunctious, but at least i contribute very valuable posts a lot of the time. much of my knowledge that i share with this site is unique to myself. yet instead of being appreciated for that, i am treated like a dog (as per the Poem).

there is a great many other guys who i could name specifically, all of whom *NEVER* contribute anything constructive to this site at all. they constantly do all the things for which i was "worthy" to be banned, and direct it towards me. when this happen, Gob and the Staff here do virtually nothing. no warnings. no bannings. no PPD. the good members like me, and 12 yr old kids like Unreached who was somewhat oblivious to what he was doing, get PPDs. others, like playerap - who flames worse than I have done recently - on a constant basis, and who makes for the most part, utterly useless posts - is never punished. yes playerap was banned in the past, but lately, nothing is done to him despite the fact that has recent offenses have been far worse than any by those who have PPDs (except Gunwounds and Kingmega).

there are many other examples i can site. the PPD system is not even applied fairly across the board. people don't necessarily get PPDs because they *deserve* it, rather they get them when enough of a lynch mob and/or certain close buddies of Gob ask for them. yes Gob is *entitled* to do that, but that does not make it *fair* or change the fact that this whole system is an *injustice* which needs to end.

the PPD system is evil and fed2k is not an evil site. hence, the PPD system needs to go.

long live the PPD heheh, if it wasn't for gob, we would have to listen to this for at least twice the amount of posts from nav and low ;)

j/k

Perhaps your PPD may be removed when you show that you have learned enough to be worthy of NOT having a PPD.