Site Updates

Gobalopper

I'm sure this was mentioned before, but I was reminded again that I don't notice an url icon for fed2k forums. It shows up on dune2k.com (the eye).

Of course a firefox bug has my fed2k bookmark with a Canadian flag from weatheroffice... Maybe if fed2k had an icon firefox would not be able to steal it as easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this a SMF forum. You can download all the files yourself. Any custom stuff (like images) can be downloaded from this website.

Just noticed the main page is showing

<!--[if IE lte 6]> <![endif]-->

when you visit the webpage with IE8. :)

Yes, that does sound very useful. :)

I'd also like any mod that generates more stats for our viewing pleasure. For example, I'd like to be able to see how many posts I've made in a year. I assume in my case that number would be in the thousands for 2002, 2003 and possibly 2004, but only in the low hundreds for 2007. Hopefully I'll bounce back this year.

I think you'd like the 'ColorizePost' mod, as it allows you to set the colour of your posts in your profile, rather than type it in on each post.

It is quite difficult to read when you write in blue :) In my opinion, it is better when all posts are the same color.

Also I would like to suggest making 14-16 posts per page, because now there are 30. If you've read all for example 24 posts and some people reply, you need to scroll a lot to get to the bottom of the page.

Difficulty to read based on colour of text is dependent on the colour of your background. This forum has a variable background. Posts need not be of the same colour, but they should, at the very least, be of a colour that is easily read on the most popular colour theme.

I'm rather comfortable with the number of posts I'm viewing per page. It could just be me being used to it, however.

The recent update seems to make all colour tags non-functional in Windows Internet Explorer.  It seems to be happening with everyone but Dunenewt's post above.  Checked some old threads, seems to be retroactive.

Just checked, and it's happening in Firefox as well.  Any specific reason? :P

Ok, I've noticed 3 problems with the recent forum update:

1. Color tags don't work any more - or at least the [c] ones don't.

2. Topics that you've posted in are no longer bolded in the topic list.

3. Country flags no longer appear in Who's Online or next to the names of people who chose to display them.

On the bright side, though, we have custom ranks again. ;)

I've only been away for two days, and you've changed a lot of things! :O I certainly miss the flags and bolded topics, any chance they'll be brought back? Also, viewing colourless posts with defunct colour tags where nice colours used to be is somewhat depressing... Custom ranks are nice however :)