Site Updates

Gobalopper

• 2 weeks later...

I'm skimming through old backup CDs of mine (looking for a game I used to play since I cant download it form HOTU since ISP blocks the port and the small file downlaods only allow one per 12 hours and  there is 12 parts argh)

I came across a dune generations wallpaper from April 18, 2004 (could be older, but that is when put on CD).

I looked in Fed2k downloads but didn't see any. Did we ever host them?

wallpaperdunegenerations011024kd7.th.jpg

Link to 2 wallpapers

http://www.abcgames.cz/?p=wallpapery_zobraz&id=6978

Think I still have about 200 MB of worhtless demo material from that game. If you're lucky you can find a pre-release demo or even the origional beta game somewhere. The game itself (or the servers which should be running it) have been canceled a few years back due to Cryo's end.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are interested you can try out the new theme for the website while using the forum:

http://dune2k.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;sa=theme

Chose FED2k *.0. Keep in mind that it is still a work in progress.

I think the overall structure of it is appealing. The colors might use a bit of less gray, but like you say it's in progress. Perhaps gray might balance things out on the other hand... There is such thing as too much yellow. All in all, I like it. The use of underlining links makes it a bit more appealing, since I'm used to the action that if I hover a link it will go underlined.

I'm going to use it simply because it displays signatures properly in Firefox, without the double-blasted scroll bars.  Unless that's one thing you'll be editing out.  In which case, they shall be henceforth known as the thrice-blasted scroll bars.

Happy for now, though - I agree that the greys might be replaced with the more Dune-esque golds or browns, but otherwise I'm liking what you've done. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking through Who's Online and I found it interesting. I know this thing about Googlebot and what not, but why are there so many guests looking at some of the oldest threads here? And they come from countries from which we don't really have any members here, which draws us to the inference that Dune is probably not a very favourable thing in those countries. What would someone from Lithuania or Bangladesh be doing here?

Just wondering. Is this another of those Googlebot-like things going around?