Site Updates

Gobalopper

What about a huge sig image?

-> No, try to limit sig images to max 400 pixel width and max 100 pixel height. People are here to read messages not look at your sig images.

Can you at least up the size to 100px then?

I don't really like the look of cut off images/text. Like Re-erjin999 has a 80px image with one line of text, dunno if it would fit in 100, but its still closer.

A scrollbar that appears only while having right clicked on Andrew's signature image, and dissappearing when the popup menu is closed again is because when you right click on it, a border appears around the image, making the signature slightly bigger. Andrew's signature is exactly 50 pixels (so no scrollbar) and with that border included it will be like 52 pixels, and a scrollbar will popup.

Anyway, isn't there a possibility for such an implementation like:

if(browser == ie)  {

stylesheet = iestyle.css;

} else {

stylesheet = normal.css;

}

The iestyle.css stylesheet will have that fix with "max-height: 50px;"

While the normal stylesheet will use the min-height property.

?

Do the table, tr, td etc forum codes work? I've tried but havn't noticed any changes when I added them.

I'm thinking of making a table like I did with Dune Jihad with the forum software thread

http://users.eastlink.ca/~andrewabc/jihad/stats.html

Searching SMF forum didn't help.

EDIT hmm, I do see somewhat of a difference. Any suggestions how to do it correctly? I was thinking 3 columns.

So far doesn't seem to do a good job :P (I'm not saving it in the thread, just previewing, so you wont see any changes.)

Hmm, doesn't look like its gonna work.

Like I said at

http://dune2k.com/forum/index.php?topic=8493.msg298948#msg298948

Looking at the html coding

<td valign="top" width="16%" rowspan="2" style="overflow: hidden;">

for my info and

<td valign="top" width="85%" height="100%">

for the message area

Any idea how 85% and 16% add up to 100??

I'm guessing the 16% should be a fixed pixel width with the rest taking over the rest of the screen space. My avatar is 50 pixels, so maybe 100-120pixels wide for the user info area.

A also see the problem with the msn image having its own line. There is a <br /> right after the msn icon info. Then it continues on with the rest of the icons etc. I don't see why there would be a <br /> after it. Waste of space.

• 2 weeks later...

Mindboggling.

So he sent me a PM, I replied, and he recieved email notification because he has the settings set to send him an email to notify of a new PM, he replied to the email address which is webmaster and so you got his response to the PM I sent him.