Site Updates

Gobalopper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One suggestion about the layout, left align the "News & Announcements" bar.  Also, would it be possible to intergrate the Duniverse section in to the Wiki, and having certain pages, such as one for Dune 2000, which are finalised and uneditable pages in the Wiki?

If you mean the "Top 10 Topics (by Views)"

and the space between two topics, it's because one topic name length is long and needs to be put on a second line.

Or are you stating that for some wierd reason some threads that shouldn't be there are now there. Now that I think of it, some of them are unfamiliar.

Especially the free game link.

Must be the word free and game that make bots like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriouisly people, what reason can there be to swear ? If you cannot explain your feelings in normals ways then perhaps they shouldnt be explained.

It isn't only for PRP - it's also in FF, for RPs or stories.

*chants*

Bring back the f-word! bring back the f-word! :D

There shouldn't be any restriction, or even warning.

We're older, and more mature than the average message board, and with that comes the decency of free expression.

Further more, I've been here I'm going to say three years or so, and it's never been a serious issue, so why address something that's not a problem?

If a post was full of swearing anyways, it'd be promptly deleted much the same way a flaming post would share the same fate.

This needs to go. I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm being Patriot-Acted.

We're older, and more mature than the average message board, and with that comes the decency of free expression.

That actually tells more about the forums you visit then it does about message boards ;)

Swearing isn't necessary, but it is used to make a point. And it can be very annoying to have your frustration casually swept aside and replaced with a patronising phrase. But my real problem is with its impact on Fanfiction. Some of us write about characters who just wouldn't use the word 'dashing,' would you believe. Besides which, it's an uncomfortable and ugly break in reading to suddenly come across a phrase like 'intelligent forum member' in place of a single word.

Not that there aren't ways around it, but that would be... unwise.