Iraq Issues

Because Acriku, Bremer said in his press conference we're handing him over to his own people. You know, the ones that have lost family members...that'll most likely give him a painful torture and kangaroo trial before executing him.

Well, you know, he is guilty....

Here is another story, from TIME:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,561472,00.html

and MSNBC:

http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3711360

and some words from an Iraqi living in Baghdad:

The big brother in a small hole

Horrraaaaa

It's the justice day.

I'm speechless.

I'm crying.

The tyrants' hour has finally came. I went down to the streets to share the joy with my brothers. This is our day, the day of all the oppressed and good people on earth.

Tears of joy filled the eyes of all the people.

Saddam, the coward, hides in a hole, shaking in fear from being captured.

Not a single bullet was fired, without any resistance, God, he was even cooperative! The mighty tyrant, who exploited all our country's fortune for his personal protection, surrenders like the cowered I expected him to be.

Yes, he should be prosecuted in Iraq. We will not allow anything else.

We want to see him in a cage bending more and more, humiliated more and more, just as he forced all the Iraqis to bend to him, like they were his slaves. But we will not be like him, we will give him a fair trail, and he will get just what he deserves, although I have no idea what does he really deserve.

It's indeed an inauspicious day for all the tyrants. Let them know that their days are near too.

This is the day of all Iraqi martyrs who were slaughtered just to please his sick lust for blood.

Rest in peace my brothers. The paradise is yours and the disgrace and hell is for all the tyrants on earth.

Thank you American, British, Spanish, Italian, Australian, Ukrainian, Japanese and all the coalition people and all the good people on earth.

God bless the 1st brigade.

God bless the 4th infantry division.

God bless Iraq.

God bless America.

God bless the coalition people and soldiers.

God bless all the freedom loving people on earth.

I wish I could hug you all. - Omar

Drat. I was rather hoping that he'd never be found and end up a mystery disappearance. This just ruins the whole aura of mystery.

And while we're at it, just because he's been caught, does not mean we should have gone in there. That's pretty much "No, we didn't find any weapons of mass destruction; but we've caught the guy in charge so we'll let him have it anyway."

Also, I don't think he should be tried in Iraq, especially not by Iraqis. Why? Bias bias bias. Duh. Did we let Germans try the accused at the Nuremburg trials? No, I think not. Neither should the American or British forces have a go. He should be tried in a completely neutral place that wouldn't be affected by political pressure. Since no such place exists that I am aware of... he can never have a fair trial. And that is one of the basic human rights as outlined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. To deny him that would be hypocritical, would it not?

On the other hand, so is just about everything else we've done so far... This doesn't make things easier or clear the matter up; it just makes it more complicated. We've gone from doing nothing right to being completely unable to do anything right, and that's hardly a good thing.

Should have just stayed away in the first place...

I don't know whether Saddam's capture is a good or a bad thing. What will this mean for the future of Iraq? They say it will demoralize the Baathist loyalists and bring stability to the region, but will it really? Saddam could become a martyr, or his capture might lull the new Iraqi government into a false sense of security. Many things could happen.

And let's not forget the effect that it could have on the USA - this might get Bush re-elected. *shudders*

Doubtful Big D, they had his Mistress and Tariq Azziz identify him, as well as DNA testing...and DNA doesn't lie.

Edric, I don't want to see him back in office either, but between this and the flying to Baghdad for Thanksgiving with the troops...yeah, you're probably right.