Iraq Issues

No news source that uses the "f" word in a title is particularly trustworthy. :P

Anyways...On the topic of the whole "war on terror" thing:

Security checks ground Air Marshalls

More than 100 federal air marshals have been fired or stripped of their flight status in recent weeks for problems stemming from their security clearance background investigations, MSNBC.com has learned. In addition, some air marshals are flying without having received their final security clearances, Transportation Security Administration sources said. The revelations fuel critics

He isn't a journalist, he is a soldier.

"Comical Ali" captured

Iraqis beat U.S. 11-0 on return to national stadium

A new experience for Iraqis watching satellite TV

Six British MPs Killed in Southern Iraq

I've got 10:1 odds on Iraq winning the next World Cup, they would never have done that under Saddam! :D

Oh and here is part 3 of his reports.

• 1 month later...

I saw the news late last night, and Bush said: "IF we find these WMD, that I strongly believe he has"

?? excuse me but wasn't the war based on the fact that he did have them? AND that the british and american intelligence had proof of this?

I'm not saying that I like Saddam or am unhappy that he's been thrown off, however basing a war on a lie? What will the standard be next time Bush and Co. decides to go on crusades?

Discovering WMD

Former international weapons inspector David Kay, now seeking Iraqi weapons of mass destruction for the Pentagon, has privately reported successes that are planned to be revealed to the public in mid-September.

Kay has told his superiors he has found substantial evidence of biological weapons in Iraq, plus considerable missile development. He has been less successful in locating chemical weapons, and has not yet begun a substantial effort to locate progress toward nuclear arms.

Senior officials in the Bush administration believe Kay's weapons discoveries should have been revealed as they were made. However, a decision, approved by President Bush, was made to wait until more was discovered and then announce it -- probably in September.

September should be an interesting month...

I guess that since Iraq is in coalition control, there has been plenty of time to set up some made up evidence.

This "evidence" (if it can be called that way) will be realease when approvement report towards Bush admnistration are expected to be in it's lowest level....how handy... ::)

I find it ridiculous that you automatically assume any evidence of WMD the US finds is fraudulent but you believe Iraq without questionwhen they say they've destroyed weapons they've admitted to posessing without offering a shred of proof (which would be extremely easy to do...neutralizing VX produces products dozens of times greater in quantity than the original reactant) With that kind of blind loyalty you would have been the ideal subject for Saddam.

The US releases hoardes of info about Iraq every day, that's a pretty broad and unbackable claim. They've proven many of their large claims, like bagging Uday and Qusay.

You have said previously, in this very thread I believe, that you completely believe Iraq's claim that they destroyed the weapons they had previously admitted to possesing, despite the fact that they offered no proof, not even bogus proof, unlike the US which has provided proof of its more important claims despite the fact that doing so often goes against policy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...