Iraq Issues

A friend of mine, strong supported of US campaing in Iraq, told me something like this "...days and weeks are passing without traces of WoMD, I am starting to think my reasons over...."

I am sure that as times goes on, more and more people will realize the real intentions that coalition forces and its governments had deep down.

Although The Guardian earlier reported that US deputy defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz had said that the Iraq war was all about oil, the newspaper has now removed the article from its web site, and will print a full correction in Friday's edition. According to the Guardian's ombudsman, the quote, "Let's look at it simply. The most important difference between North Korea and Iraq is that economically, we just had no choice in Iraq. The country swims on a sea of oil," was taken out of context, and misconstrued.

Sounds like you are practicing New York Times journalism there Duke. Next time try to double check your sources, you won't make yourself look like a fool.

Poll suggests world hostile to US

Quote,

"The survey of 11 countries - for the television programme What The World Thinks of America, to be aired this week in the UK - revealed that 57% of the sample had a very unfavourable, or fairly unfavourable attitude ..."

Btw, the countries polled include among others : US, UK, Canada, Australia, Israel, South Korea.

No need to say more.

"...towards the American President."

Which isn't a big surprise Bush has never been a big hit outside of the US.

DukeLeto just copy and paste that quote into Google.

Gob, the article mentions the US because for the survey US is felt more dangerous two countries the US consider within the axe of evil.

I fail to understand what you mean about DukeLeto.

Btw, the countries polled include among others : US, UK, Canada, Australia, Israel, South Korea.
I'd like to add that 72% of non-Quebecios Canadians are pro-war. Only the francophone province of Quebec is/was collectively anti-war.

And like Gob said it takes a simple search:

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1369424,00.html

zamboe people like to root for the underdog and against the leader. Its human nature it seems.

it's human nature on both sides to go against or not. However, the report and the poll / survey was not only about Bush, it included questions about Bush as well as US as a country.

Friday will be released the full report, let's wait what else they have.

I heard on the radio that Alberta was 47% against which I think is the lowest in Canada.

Canada government (which this years is not in the security council) didn't support US&UK war. So if what you say is right, then it happened the opossite to UK, in UK majority of people didn't support the war but the government anyway supported it, while in Canada 47%+ supported it but the government didn't.... will ever be possible a government that listen to the majority of its own people ?

Canada government (which this years is not in the security council) didn't support US&UK war. So if what you say is right, then it happened the opossite to UK, in UK majority of people didn't support the war but the government anyway supported it, while in Canada 47%+ supported it but the government didn't.... will ever be possible a government that listen to the majority of its own people ?
Like I said there was a slight majority against the war until the war actually began, then it shifted the other way as people were seeing the results of what was happening. The government was still representing it's voters which was its job. Since nearly 40% of Canadians didn't vote, and the current government only got a 43% popular vote (thanks to the ancient parliamentry system they ended up with 57% control) it means they only represent 1/4 of the country.

A government is a government.

I would agree that a political party would represent only 1/4 of the population in term of votes, but when that party becames a government it represents the whole country, that's the rules.

I am still trying to figure it out if that is correct, though.

Well you're supposed to represent the majority of the people who DID vote, because if you're in power obviously you recieved the most votes in any good representation system, but that's only of the majority of people who voted. That's not to say that those who didn't vote wouldn't have voted for your party anyway, but I just meant in overall, technical terms.

Bush vs. Bush (Requires RealOne Player to view)

This is hilariious in a way, yet simulatneusly kind of sad. Although from The Daily Show, all of the video clips of Bush are completely real and unedited. Shows how quickly campaign promises are broken. >:(

Edit: Seems realplayer link don't work with the [ url ] code. Here you go:

rtsp://st21g1.services.att-idns.net/v1/494/1742/2597/dailyshow/stewart/jon_7131_300.rm

U.S. Captures No. 4 Iraqi Official

It is unclear whether Mahmud's capture was related to U.S. raids near Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit. American troops raided two farmhouses and found $8.5 million in American cash, 300 million to 400 million Iraqi dinars and an undetermined amount of British pounds and Euros, said Maj. Gen. Ray Odierno, commander of the Army's 4th Infantry Division. The troops also found more than $1 million worth of gems and jewels, he said.

That is a lot of money!

Wow, f*cking wow! :O

:O MISSELES ?! "Like, high explosive missiles that fly through the air and blow the f*ck up"

and a LMAO "A few nights ago two men had a grenade fight on a bus."

"donkeys, children, and giggles." ;D