Iraq Issues

Seeing as someone raised "Foundation" in the general forum, remember what happened in that book when a flat tax was imposed ;)

May seem ike a good idea now, but just wait until it happens. You'd probably change your mind then.

• 3 weeks later...

Today in Iraq:

Police chief assasinated, his bodygaurd and driver killed

Cargo plane shot down

2 soldiers shot and then lynched by a mob

bombing of a convoy, killing one soldier wounding two others

American Military Garrison attacked with RPG's

Bombing of an Oil Compound

Glad to see that the Americans have crushed the rebellion, and everything is under control ::)

It wasn't shot down,it was shot on the ground. ???

Nope, it was hit by a missile while in the air.

THE U.S.-LED coalition also said it grounded commercial flights after the military confirmed that a missile struck a DHL cargo plane that landed Saturday at Baghdad International Airport with its wing aflame

http://www.msnbc.com/news/870749.asp?

I read the first report on Yahoo News and it said that it was fired on the ground,so they must have changed it now or I must have misread. :-[

Also,I would like to add that it was not confirmed if the 2 soldiers were dead or not before they were bashed with concrete blocks. :)

Speaking as an ex-soldier I know what I'm talking about ! I have been in several war situations !

Iraq needs to be closed down completely to remove all weapons.Only then with more control can the present situation be controlled, not completely, but much better than now.

Secondly countries like Syria should be forced to give up terrorists, if necessary by force !

This war is not just about Oil as many people seem to think, but it really is about world peace for the long term.

If the rest of Europe had had the financial resources to go to war in Iraq, they would have, also they didn't have the bottle to do what is right, as usual.

So now everybody is saying the war was wrong because of mounting casualties, Hypocrites , all of them !

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1069493904783

US's allies condemn Iraq contracts decision.

How can Canada be off the list?? We give them good booze. Even if we were against the war in Iraq!?

Some Canadians believe that the decision on the contracts was intended to punish Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, a critic of the administration's handling of the war in Iraq. Chretien leaves office Friday, replaced by Martin.

"We appreciate the contributions that Canada has been making in the war on terrorism," McClellan said. "We will look forward to visiting with Canadian officials about the concerns that they have."

See, chretien is gone and new PM, don't screw the new PM, not his fault. ;D

So instead of Canadian Bacon, they will call it antiterror bacon?