Nuclear War

ordos45

Is it plausible to believe that a nuclear war is on the horizon?  I believe so, because as long as hmans have existed, there has been violence.  And each new war brings better weapons.  I believe there will be a war soon, fought with nuclear weaponry as well as other weapons.  Probably in Israel or somewhere very close, because of the unending hatred in the area I feel that it is only a matter of time until the sands run red with blood.   I fear the only way for peace, is through the use of wars.

I highly doubt it. We are at a standstill. Nukes are a show of power. Not in real use. Biological warfare has many many problems. People think its absolutely horrible to people. Actually it is based on how the stuff is made and what strains are used. It isnt as 100 % effective as nukes. I dont think there will be a nuclear war. Not now at least. If anything chemical weapons will become more and more prevalent. thats my opinion:)

The paradox of nuclear weapons is that it's a peacekeeper - without it, the Cold War probably would have been... well, a hot war.  The thing is that, as long as countries have them, there is a policy called MAD:

Mutually

Assured

Destruction

In a nutshell, it means that if anyone sees nukes coming at them, they'll fire nukes right back.  Obviously, there is no winner to a situation like that (Watch "WarGames", and you'll see ;)).

"It isnt as 100 % effective as nukes"

You are saying that a Uncureable, Deadly virus is not effective. Maybe you didnt watched the Discovery channel but they say. If the terrorists plant a Deadly virus or Chemical in a Large city 90% of the People will die.  :O And since there is no cure it will be Mass slaughtering although I have to agree a Nuclear bomb is Destructive as well (Duh!)   ::)

If you believe in Nostradamus Prop's, Both sides will Deploy Bio Warfare... I think ???

Nuclear war is the bigger threat atleast with the "Cold War" in the eighties between USA and Russia both had early warning systems. These new kids on the block do not have the same type of systems, so neither knows what the other is doing. Not saying that I would rather cough up my lungs and bleed to death, but you understand my point.

uhh..there is no winner in nuclear war, and few survivors. A nuclear fall-out is something that i think could happen because there are crazy people with crazy ideas and willing to take any measure(s) to fufill those ideas. The cold war was a constant stand still for the world: any second a button could have slipped and BOOOOM!!!!! Anyone seen Dr. Strangelove? or Fail-Safe? All show that such events can happen (well Strangelove is a bit far fetched, but hey it could happen!)

well nuclear will never happen among our selves (humans). Basically all the major Countries (USA, RUSSIA, CHINA, ENGLAND and so on...) will not fight in such a way..only stupid countries with nuthin' too loose will launch nukes. (MOST MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRIES...because fossile fuels are becoming scarce there..and that's what they depends on. There will be no major WW ever again in my opinion. I guess i'm just optimistic....i really hope something like STARTREK happens, caus that's the only way i see us humans uniting....:P sounds corny but it could become reality 1 day....1 day...hehehe

People are frightened of the consequences of their actions, frightened of what they will lose through unity with others. However, some people are mad, powerful, and unafraid - people like Idi Amin. They are the only way that nuclear war will occur, because they do not care what will happen.

Nema, thanks for correction on the Middle Eastern fossil fuels. Idi Amin what crocodile pit did he crawl out of recently isn't that monster dead are you sure you do not mean Osama bin Ladin. Idi Amin is the guy who slaughted people in Uganda in the 70's.

Don't worry about a nuclear war, no western leader is stupid enough to use nukes. And the terrorists prefer bio-weapons. I predict strange new epidemics...

In fact, I predict many things. And I'm afraid most will come true. And just let me say this:

BIN LADEN HAS A BIG SIGN ABOVE HIM SAYING "CIA"

Mark my words, he's either working for or is manipulated by the CIA. They even admitted that they trained him, but then he supposedly went rogue... yeah, right.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole WTC attack was a CIA operation. But they have no idea what monster they unleashed... As the old official TS Nod website said:

We are the persecuted

We are the disenfranchised

We are the hungry

We are the ANGRY

They underestimated the fighting spirit of 2 billion starving men. A fatal mistake. A worldwide "revolution" is coming. They will crush the corrupt west that has killed their children, starved their families and murdered their brothers as "terrorists". They are about to enforce their right to kanly on their oppressors... US. But can you blame them? I can't. I would do the same.

Now let me try to make a timeline:

2002: Bin Laden is found convienently dead...

2002-2005: Sporadic terrorist assaults on major cities. London, Washington and New York are hit the hardest. The CIA is beginning to lose its grip on the few terrorists it controlled.

2004: George W. Bush re-elected

2005: A new islamic leader begins to rise slowly. And this one isn't under anyone's control.

2005-2007: As bribe attempts fail, the CIA gets worried. Terrorist actions intensify. Most western powers pass new laws that restrict freedom.

2008: The new leader makes his first public calls for Jihad. Republicans lose elections by a landslide.

2008-2011: NATO invades several middle east countries in order to stop terrorism. The new leader (I'll call him the Mahdi from now on) couldn't have asked for better propaganda. All islamic terrorists unite under his [green and black, anyone?] banner. Major arab countries start financing him. People are afraid to travel to the middle east. Israeli armed forces are on high alert.

2011: Jihad is formally declared.

2011-2014: Terrorist actions pick up momentum. Nobody is safe. Paranoia spreads. Western governments use the general panic to consolidate their positions. Several democratic countries become police states. Israel is invaded but resists. The Mahdi is in effective control of a handful of countries.

2014: Israel falls. Second holocaust. United States declare full-scale war. All weapons short of nukes are used. After years of more and more liberalising, China finally becomes a democracy.

2014-2018: The strained India-Pakistan relations pick up heat. All remaining Muslim nations rally to the Mahdi's cause, except Pakistan, Indonesia and the former soviet republics. Several European countries (Italy, Spain, etc.) fall into anarchy. Moscow loses all control of the Asian half of Russia, except for military bases. Moscow sends immediate orders to move all nukes close to the capital and starts disarming the old warheads at a huge rate. USA becomes a police state, elections are abolished "for the duration of the war".

2018: India and Pakistan launch nukes. They are destroyed by american anti-missile systems mounted on subs and ships in the Arabian Sea. Both of the former nuclear powers fall into anarchy. The young Chinese democracy is abolished. The new leadership isn't communist, but they use similar methods. China starts supplying weapons to the Mahdi, anything except nukes.

2019: USA uses a "limited number" of nuclear weapons on arab countries. No effect on their moral. Civilians retreat to caves and villages. No more nuclear strikes are launched, as the failing intelligence system can't pinpoint the locations of enemy miliatary bases. Russia decides to disarm all its remaining nuclear warheads. They're more of a liability at this point.

2020: So far, the Mahdi has been using oil to fund his war effort. Now he's confident enough to cut all trade with the west. Russia closes its borders. As its leaders struggle with large-scale social movements, they have the insight to limit oil trade with the west, because they fear the Mahdi. He could walk in and take Moscow at any time, without much effort.

2021: World Markets crash. Virtually all banks go bankrupt. Famine strikes Europe and America. THE END OF CAPITALISM

2022: European Union collapses. Germany and France fall into anarchy. Civil War in Britain and Ireland, sparked by IRA remnants. USA armed forces all over the world refuse to obey orders, the US army loses all cohesion. The United States are now defenseless.

2023: US government loses authority over its own people. Several factions start a civil war. The United States effectively cease to exist.

2024: Forces of the Mahdi walk into Washington without encountering any resistance. The city is ravaged by the civil war. The Mahdi captures the President and any remaining members of the powerless Congress. Civil wars rage all over the world. The only remaining sovereign state is China, which struggles with disease and famine. Its people are too poor to revolt even if they wanted to. The Mahdi might have secretly used bio-weapons. In any case, his forces now control most of the world.

2024-?: THE NEW DARK AGES