Nuclear War

ordos45

Well like the report says the US government has always had a nuclear plan for Russia, without denial of that fact. These other six (6) countries have been recently added to that list due to the developments since 9/11/02. This doesn't really come as a surprise to me remember the US used atomics aganist the Empire of Japan in WWII. Do not take that as me agreeing that the use of these weapons is justified but I won't close my eyes to the reality of the world.

No but still I find it disturbing that the US is prepared to use nuclear weapons in an Arab-Israeli, guess they allready have chosen side.

Furthermore I thought that the US where trying to get a better relationship with Russia.

To me it's very disturbing that the most powerfull man is a maniac who would love to push the little red button, lets just say I'm very afraid what will be the next step of Bush

And Acriku I don't think anything justifies the use of nuclear weapons

I also saw this newsreport this morning.

But the US also said a couple of weeks ago that if whould use propaganda even towards friendly countrys. Now it might sound strange. But this could be just that.

I understand your point of view Acriku but what about nuclear fallout that not only effects the country where the nuclear weapons are used but the surrounding countries, not to mention the rest of the world. You are right that the president has to consider all options but at the core I think this is a warning to these six (6) countries, not saying that the US wouldn't use nuclear weapons to ensure "peace".

I don't think George Bush [ or some other persone ] should consider ALL options.

He has to make desissions within a certain vieuw point. And can't do anything that isn't coherent with that. Like the September 11 attacks. That was totally out of place. An unpresedented event. It didnt fit in any plausible frame of refference that "the Western World" uses.

And when we go outside that frame of refference that we use to define our actions we become as bad as the persones we are judging [ fighting in this case ]

And like Frank Herbert ones wrote. "We become like the worst in our enemy's."

In my oppinion this is what we do if we consider all options. Even the ones outside your [ reference ] frame of live.

We have to sty ourselfs. No matter what the situation.

The US is not in war with Russia or Asia. So don't pretend you are or should be. That's unnessesary hostallety.

Those country's are no treath to the US [ in the way of a nucliar war ], so don't consider then as sutch.

:)

It's not a matter if they get pissed, the US will be standing in a very bad light toward every nation if they'll use nukes.

I agree with you gryphon. I find it offensive that the some of the ICBMs are pointing at Russia and China for that matter. I don't think it's will help peace.

IMHO it's a crime against humanity to use nuclear weapons, so if they use them I would demand Bush infront of a judge, but then again I guess alot of people would.

A small country can still have a big impact on things.

[ even greater if there are a lot of small country's ]

And the rules and means of government change evry couple of decennia's [ give or take a couple a decennia's ]. Look at the Dutch change at the moment. We whould have thought that possible afther our "German friend" ?

Hopfully it's for the better, and not as Plato mentioned that it will eventually go death on itself, but let's stay positieve and trust Hegel [ or Kant ] that it will go better.

I don't have a verry spoken out opinion about the "pentagon memo", but I'm verry interrested in what they are going to say at the UN.

Did any one of you read this months "wired" ? [ the magazine ]

The article "This is not a test." on page 67 they state that "by the year 2014 our newest warhead will have reached the end of it's intended life, and the US will not have a single designer with test experience."

It appears that the knowledge that the scientist who made the nucliar bomb is "gettlin losed" because of te fact that the new generatio of nucliar scientist have no acuall experiance with some of the current systems.