Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

No time for more screenshots, I have to work real hard now. And djcid please do send the files to Gob.

Btw, the grey icons that show up while units are being built aren't so good (i had to do them myself, bad nema only did the color icons). I hope we can fix them in the next version.

Guest ebmonkey

djcid: The music's not bad. I like the more orchestral stuff in particular. Some of it (non-orchestral) is a little too upbeat, but i'm being picky. :) I'm curious, what programs do you use to make your stuff? And where do you get the loops? Make 'em yourself or do you have a good loop pack?

- Ebola Monkey

how many versions are we expecting? and also what about the corrino apc it does look wierd. couldn't you just take an atreides apc and paint is gold ? i think it would look WAY better.

Are you going to add more units in the next versions,, ect ect. also will we still be able to post what we think a unit will look like its weapons price ect.

Also ghosty you know you dont have to do this even though you would like to help the community of emperor. i mean you got enough work to do with other things right?

but dont take it the wrong way

and one more thing about qm... qm... qm... what about qm? i know westwood wont change their tournament thing for corrino but once everybody gets it no one will play qm. how will we play qm? westwood will be further away from coming back to us...

JUST JIBBERISH DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO.

they will say" well would you look at that one moment there are about a hundred players and then they all drop dead" dev says" yes the game was not made to live was it ?" "im such an idiot! hanging around at the emp message boards! you would think a person like me deserves a better place" and then his manager says" what about command and conquer ? what would be next i know command and conquer : the revolution" and then all of a sudden amiforit jumps in and says " areyouforit!" and shootS everyone down mua ha hahah ha wa ha ha .

NOW YOU MAY READ

so what about qm?

Hello every1, here is more information on various problems:

Mines dun always work as expected. Let me give you an example: if your enemy has placed a mine and one of your units finds it, YOU, as a human player, will not be able to see it. It will only appear at your radar. Unfortunately, if that unit or any units nearby are set to guard, they won't give a **** about whether you can see it or not, and they will shoot it anyway. This is an advantage but can also be a disadvantage cos your units may get killed in the explosion.

In addition, for the Lion tank and the apc i used pre-existing graphics from incidental sardaukar units. Unfortunately, since WW pays no attention to their incidental units, they absolutely suck. The apc is like a rolling sardaukar crate, while the tank has been called GAY by omni himself (take a look for yourselves, along with the other screenshot here:

http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~sforce1/

By the way, there is a sort of bug with the iron griffin... sometimes it will get over its target but it will not drop its payload. anyway

Moreover, the Iron Griffin seems to be dropping missiles-dun worry, they have the devastating power of a bomb. Most buildings require 2-3 bombs to be destroyed.

As for the ordos lasgun thopter, i suggest we give it missiles and we call it Jet Fighter or stg like that.

corrino apc does look funny.... the lion tank looks fine to me... laser orni's what about plasma orni's... i just want a plasma unti for ordos or corrino....hehehe

i like the screen shots...

who all dl the muzak tracks? we'll what u think... so let the bashing begin...

hmmmm Djcid as expected is a very good djing muzakician :D

does the Iron Griffin strafe run while attacking? if not automatically is he fast enough to do it manually? if he cannot strafe run somehow then h'es probably just a rip of a kirov

..giving the new Ordos anti-air units missiles would make him a straight rip of the hit and run harrasment Atreides air-drone...which he already is but this would make his graphs a rip too thereby completing the unoriginality

What happens is that when battle commences, a random track is chosen. At the end of that track, there ia a half chance of looping the track again, or switching to the other track.

Anyway, the music's pretty good.

The APC CAN be painted gold, but let's wait for the next version, eh?

Guest ebmonkey

djcid: Please answer the question. :) What software did you use for the music? I love making techno, and you seem to use a good program. I'm sick of splicing it all together in sound forge, so I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks

- Ebola Monkey

sure! i dont have tables... yet. these r the programs i use. Sonic Foundry AcidPro, Fruity Loops, PCDJ Red, MP3 Cutter and then i use musicmatch jukebox to convert to mp3 format. :)

there is some splicing involved but these programs make it easy.

[This message has been edited by djcid (edited 03-06-2002).]

Guest ebmonkey

Cool, thanks. I'm looking right now for acid pro. I have fruity loops, but never used some of the ones you have before...

- Ebola Monkey

im not sure, the way i had thought it would work is a track is looped to itself and its a 50-50 on which song u get as house corrino... but if u play 3 games in a row ud here them both at least once..... i made them 8 min a piece cause i figured any shorter and ud get tired of same song over and over on a 30 min game but if i made a 15 min song then if u rushed in game then u wouldnt hear a full song... im not sure if Ghost can loop the song to itself or not.... but i will let him do his magic... im just glad u guys like it.... i think the first is my fav too... i think...

[This message has been edited by djcid (edited 03-06-2002).]