Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

hey ghost get this the music is mp3 format its just encrypted to a format called BAG and once u break code u have the raw mp3 format... so all we need to figure is how to code the songs as BAG. am working on that with this dragon uppacker... *scratching head*

man u've got to be skilled cause all this stuff is greek to me and ur slicing thru it making new units and stuff wow!!

I'll update my mod page when the FTP decides to work. Despite my begging it, it stayed down for the past week. :(

But the page is mosty up to date anyway...

Ghosty, you CAN'T not give the Harks new units! Does the Thief Harvester work? I hope so...

I know! Give the Harks the Sonic Tank as a second high-tech unit (needs Starport). We can say the Harkonnen stole the tech after smashing most of Caladan. Other Atr technologies were lost.

I did tell you, ghosty... Now, ot cut down on units and weapons...

Why are 3 advanced carryalls needed? 1 will suffice (pick the old At one; it is more generic).

Fed sound blasts and Corrino tank blasts can be shared, as can SD

i was using dragon unpacker it allowed me to view the bag files in EBFD but couldnt creat new ones.... i went to the site provided by both Gob and Ebmonk. With the bag program there i created a bag with both mod songs and placed it in same director as the EBFD bag music but i just dont know how to tell EBFD to play it during game... im sure its something in a text file like he *points up* said....

I already have a program which opens BAG files, but i can't edit them, nor cre8 new ones. By the way I did find the way to include the bomber, but not the RDT. As for the thief harvester, there is another, much greater problem: when the harks get the thief they dun get normal harveys!!!

If any1 can find a program which can edit or create BAG files, that would be great.

[This message has been edited by ghostysquare (edited 03-10-2002).]

current problem - when making a new bag of music it comes to 26mb - noone willing to d/l that.... a bag of just corrino muzak is 8mb (lot better than 28) is there a way to add a new bag and edit text file to tell comp where bag is found and what music to play?

dont get mad ppl and dont give up... Ghost and EdricO and all the others desever some credit... they aint no WW but they do great! If it wasnt for Them we woulndt have a xpack and if it wasnt for Doc Nyar we wouldnt have any tech support either... 3 cheers for the Mod Makers and Doc!

"Ya Hya Chouhada!"

"Ya Hya Chouhada!"

"Ya Hya Chouhada!"

Guest ebmonkey

I thought 10 megs was quite reasonable (i'm biased, i'm on cable). Most mods/extension packs are either approaching, or over that. One I looked at recently for BattleZone2 was over 100 megs. But i'm confused about something.. why doesn't creating the directory within the bag (music or whatever) and using the same file name as the original not work? Wouldn't this be telling the game to use the new one instead of the one within the bag file? (Similar to the rules.txt idea). You'd have to replace the music index file as well so it didn't get confused with the different track lengths etc, but I assumed this would work?!

- Ebola Monkey

The only thing I can think we can do to solve the problem is include the two music files in the download, include a new common.txt file and instructions on how ppl can add the new music tracks in a BAG file. Otherwise I dun think any1 would download a 26 MB bag file.

Any other suggestions?

Guest Minotorus Power

man you've been sayin that the X-Pack will be out next week. but it never is!!!

I'M sorry for the RUDENESS,I just got FRUSTRATED

MAN I'M JUST LOOKING UP FOR YOU TO GET THE

X-PACK READY

Er... it won't work in the Music directory (NB "The Music system will search for the file in the music directory and/or the CDROM drive at playback time." - Music.txt), nor a new music0002.bag or something?

Oh, and PLEASE could you set the music files and the other files separate - 10MB is a lot (3hrs) for many people who haven't a good connection.

preach it!!!

just post it as is...

so what we've been waiting since 12-15-01 waiting 30-1hour is worth having it today... those with cable or higher willhave it in a matter of mins so just post it... plz...;D

HEY GUYS, I SAID IT IS READY!!!

Personally I think the music should be included.

No, it doesn't work in a normal folder like Rules.txt That's why I was so desperate when I discovered it was a BAG and not an RFH file containing music tracks.

The mod is zipped and ready with music tracks (it has instructions on how to install them).

It's 14 MB. So make your choice: music tracks in it yes or no?