Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

I'm just wondering how the sales would be if Westwood actually bothered to advertise this game and add an expansion pack of some sort. I was talking to my friend earlier this week and he came over and saw Emperor sitting on my shelf. The guy never even heard of the game and he's a dune fanatic so he ran out to the store and bought the game that day. I can only wonder how many more dune/rts fans don't know about this game... :(

mod music is done most of mod is donw i think they r tweeking it to get all bugs out... Nav still blowes goats... we cant wait for xpack to come out if ya wanna dl mod music its half way up this page... speaking of music do ya'll think its good enuff for the Westwood Infiltration Jukebox thingy?! yeah right like they'd put in on there... who knows...

The Jet Fighter, as i have created it in my mind, will not be a hit-and-run unit. Here is why:

It will have:

good armor

medium speed

high rate of fire

crap missiles

So, in order to inflict lasting damage with its crap weapon, it will need to stay there, otherwise, hit-and-run will not be effective.

Guest [=CK=]Sardaukar

so ya got rid of Atraides for the Emperor?? y not kill off those ****ed Ordos, they are dumb and unimportant.

Cool Sardaukar guys though.

,[=CK=]Sardaukar

"No Surrender!"

Guest [=CK=]Sardaukar

Official only means that it was made/approved by WW itself. that may not seem like much, but it also means it must follow the guidelines given to WW by the Herbert contract people. those guidelines say things like rules of what can and cannot be done to the game that may alter the 'vision' of ol' Frankie(Herbert). Im pretty sure, no, really sure that one of those agreements were #297869123. No killing off the Atriades. Now im not sure whose sick idea it was to kill off the main hero house of the books and movies, but it wont fly with the super loyal fans.

I know i know, u needed to get rid of a race for the Emperor's house to play. But it just seems dumb. Maybe if you even went and said that Atriades was pulled off dune by Corrono because he wanted to control spice directly; now that would be fine, espically if you made an Atriades subhouse. But Harks launching a handful of nukes, blowing up Caladian... i dont think so, espically if Harks had nukes for the last couple thousand years and never bothered to do that before.

,[=CK=]Sardaukar

"No Surrender!"

Guest Devize

I just have a small suggestion.

The text on the X-pack page is very hard to read when your in a enlightend environment, due to the purple text on a black background.

Maybe its just me. :)

Guest [=CK=]Sardaukar

kwel, Tuesday? as in like 3 days? nice, too bad i dont have Emperor installed.... or care, for that matter.

[=CK=]Sardaukar

"No Surrender!"

good work though, ghostly

Guest [=CK=]Sardaukar

1 question, if/when Westwood comes out with an expansion for this.... what will you do?

,[=CK=]Sardaukar

"No Surrender!"

i dont thin they will ever mod or do an xpack... most wwe can hope for is maybe they will recoinze this mod as a community offical patch (kinda the way they did the the fan maps in that one patch)maybe throw in a small patch of their own to make it offical... and thats about it.... wouldnt it be great if they reconized this as an offical and made it where u could have 4 houses....

*pinch*

ouch!!!

D.amn dreaming again....

I 'm really sorry for what I have to say :(

Up to now, I would always test the mod as Corrino or Ordos, and I hadn't realised Hark units didn't work. They dun work becos there is a limit on how many units can be. This can be fixed by deleting incidental units, but unfortunately there is a limit for guns too. And the new units need new guns. The bomber has to be able to blow up buildings, right? So the RDT and the bomber cannot be made, becos they need new guns.

Guest v7net

D'oh too many new units too many new guns. man you got to hate that when you try to do something good something messes up. Well when you get this mod pack finished up you can start on another one this time with the atreides. Don't worry i've got some killer ideas for units and a story line. :)

Omniviper

Guest v7net

hey ghostysq if you ever want to make a second mod pack just email me at v7net@hotmail.com.

ps anyone every figure out how to change around how the units look something about an xbf file?

amiforit, how did he get out of the cage again? i thought u locked him up after last time...hehehehe j/k :D

back to mod-

hey ghost who cares about hark right.... ordos and corrino are stilll working right?

i know im gonna get flammed but i was just joking about the harks... my favorite unit has to be the buzzsaw... if i had on in real life.... chop chop

harks plasma troops still work right... same for hero units of corrino and ordos...

Guest Liet Kynes

Out of interest are all these bugs gonna be worked out by tuesday? There seem so many problems with the guns n stuff.

I must compliment you on the fact that u decided to do this. The APC and Tank (is it a lion tank) at fed 2k look great.

Good luck getting it out on time.

BTW Edric O when are u going to update the unit stats at your site?

There is nothing to solve really. We 'll just not give the harks new units other than the plasma troopers. But I think the new powerful gunships more than compensate for this.

The mod IS ready, but I just realised that the file containing the music files is BAG, not RFH. And I can't make BAG files. So plz wait until I can find a way to install djcid's exceptional music tracks.