Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

hehe Edrico you were the only one who had a prob with the Ordos being axed in abulurds game idea werent you? :(

AXE THE CORRIN there is no realistic way the corrin could be played cos according to the books they can almost take on the entire lansaraad <haven't read the books but iv'e pieced together info> ie:average great house imperial power: 5 to 7 %

house corrin imperial power: 34% or something

so you cann see what i mean...corrin cannot be a realistically not overpowered playable house

[This message has been edited by sneakgab (edited 12-17-2001).]

it looks like a really good idea and i hope u guys pull it off but i'm just concerned about a few things the no1 being balance.

since u plan in introducing so many new units, i think A LOT of thought will have to be put into balance issues. and also how professional can u make the whole thing look? will the new units look um "in place" like.. they wont stick out will they? coz i dunno they might end up extra bright or small or big, stuff like that.

I think it's kind of a loser move kicking out the atreides

alright this may sound like flaming but it's not it's jus you asked for balance opinions so here goes:

also the ordos can f%^& themselves don't give them a sniper that's jus ripping an atreides unit and will remain obsoleted by fremen and mortar men anyway

that's not so bad but DO NOT GIVE THEM A MOBILE STEALTH GENERATOR first off that's robbing a unit of C&C tiberium sun second off I DONT WANT TO SEE SOME LAME @$$ TIBERIUM SUN LIKE GAME where ORDOS RULE ALL AS IF THEY ARE NOD IN TIBERIUM SUN

also that hijacker unit proved it's gay unbalanceness in Tiberium sun as well

if he can hijack stationary unit's thats ok but if he jus jumps from vehicle to vehicle when ever his vehicle dies like he did in Tiberium sun that is officially lame so hopefully he is different from the Tiberium sun idea

[This message has been edited by sneakgab (edited 12-17-2001).]

Hi ghosty! I finally managed to get here...

To everybody else: My computer got a virus and is currently incapacitated. :(

Anyway, about the mod, balance is our main concern. And the reason why we kicked the Atreides is because we wanted to introduce a whole new House, and I don't think the game would allow 4 Houses.

The Ordos Sniper will be different from the Atreides one. It will have much shorter range, greater RoF.

The Hijacker will blow up vehicles, not steal them (yeah, I know, the name is misleading). Think of it as a hand-to-hand anti-vehicle unit.

Plot note: There are some things that I didn't mention... because you only find them out near the end of the campaigns (assuming we make campaigns; if we don't, I'll just give you the full plot, secret twists included).

Thanks for on agreeing with me Ziggy if you're gonna axe anyone rather axe the house that doesn't even exist in the real story ie: the ordos!

that house doesn't even play like it's supposed to: i assume they are supposed to be ''insidious'' HAHAHAHA!!! laughing my @$$ off here

Ordos rush with loads of units in a manner of brute strengh by the way im not saying that's lame im just saying that's how they tend to be in real matches <their rush has many variations of tactics in it which is why it is not lame

The atreides provide the only real sneaky house with unit's such as snipers,camo apc's,hit and run raid ornis and the alike.

Oh, and don't worry about the Mobile Stealth Generator. Ghosty said that's not possible to implement, so we'll just have to think of something to replace it. Any ideas? Unlike Westwood, we take the fans' opinions into consideration. :D

Sorry sneakgab, but the Ordos will NEVER get axed while I'm alive to prevent it. :D

I think it was actually ghosty's idea to kick the Atreides out, but I'm not sure. Ghosty, please remind me how it was (remember you're the only one still having our emails)

Guest apollokiev

First off let me say that I fully support your effort to make this expansion. Keep up the good work! As for suggestions and comments:

a) I shall regret the loss of the Atreides, my favorite house. But its ok.

b) Is it possible to make the worms attack the Ordos vehicles more often. It specifically says in the books that shields drive worms into a feeding frenzy. **Or perhaps include a way to activate and de-activate the shield. When the unit is 'deployed' the shield is on, and when it isn't 'deployed' the shield is off. this will let you use the same interface..I think.

c) Also, would it be possible to build misc. buildings that boost performance? For example, an extra room to a barracks perhaps called a 'battle simulator room' would increase the performance of your units. Or a 'flight simulator' to the hanger would allow for better pilots. You get the idea...

d) Will the bug about one Hark assualt tank taking 5 shots at a ordos mortar infantry(deployed) to kill it be fixed. A tank should wipe out infantry in direct combat in no more than 2 volleys.

e) I thought of this Multiplayer Mode that could possbily achieved:

Instead of a group of people playing multiple houses against another clan, make it one house v another house, only the difference is that each player will have different roles. For example, let's say three people are on a team. One player is designated as the 'base commander'. His task is to construct the buildings, keep them working, working the turrets, etc. Then there is a 'Army Commander', and his role is the manage the ground forces. He builds infantry, manages the vehicles (or base commander does infantry, army commander does vehicle). Then you have the 'Air Force commander', and his role is to manage the spice harvesters, ornithopter, etc.

The key thing here is that each role will have greater control over things. For example, the army commander will be able to tell units to guard other units. The Air Force commander, would be able to chart out 'bombing' or attack runs at the enemy using the waypoints ( a different colored waypoint to denote the point where bombs are dropped, etc) and then execute the bombing run. The 'Base Commander' would be able to turn off certain buildings, etc.

I know its pushing the limits of the system, but it requires strong communication between teammates, and makes the game SO MUCH MORE INTRICATE.

Just thought I'd share. And best of luck to ya.

~ Kiev

Sorry, the matter is already settled. The Corrinos move in, the Atreides move out. Sardaukar fans have waited for ages for a Dune game that would allow them to play with their favourite House! It's time to give players the opportunity to use House Corrino.

As for people not getting the expansion... well, it's FREE, ya know... ::)

The Corrinos are not all-powerful. And it's realistic this way. They have been divided and without a leader for several years!

I don't think your spy idea is possible with the game engine. In any case, it will not be for the Atreides. There won't BE any Atreides. Ghosty already started work on Corrino units & buildings. We can't turn back now and we don't want to.

save the noble atreides!

plz save them,

they are 1 of the 2 original houses.

plz save the real houses (and also ordos)

why not 4 houses?

(an ordos player :) )

The spy in the way you describe it, is way overpowered.

Corrino House will replace house atreides. Post new ideas but don't think of things impossible to make or overpowered. We appreciate fan's ideas and suggestions (even for modifications on the original units, although i 'll never degrade the mino as duke_loser whishes)

And there can't be four houses, unless you want to make our own game :)