saddest songs

piterdevries

November Rain by Guns N' Roses

Prisoner Of Your Eyes by Judas Priest

Little Wing by Derek And The Dominos (a cover of the song by The Jimi Hendrix Experience)

Thorn Tree In The Garden by Derek And The Dominos

Child In Time by Deep Purple

Okay, that's quite a list :O

23 by jimmy eat world makes my heart hurt.

so does hallalujah by jeff buckley and song for the road by david ford.

but they're not technically sad... they just make *me* sad.

cancer by my chemical romance is a sad song, it made me cry on the first listen..

Well... I'm not familiar with movies, so you get the idea. Nevermind, as I explore more Classic Rock, I'll get there!

And how could I forget Mistreated by Deep Purple (go on and flame me, but the album 'Burn', despite being by Mk-III Deep Purple, is pretty good!).

do you know "Moby - Hymn" the first track/intro of the "everything is wrong" album from which is also the above mentioned track "when it's cold I'd like to die"

Never heard of that one although never really followed moby's career... is it any good?

it's the best instrumental track ever  :)

you should get/listen to the album "everything is wrong" - it's a bit twisted though: it has some sad but awesome tracks (hymn, into the blue, first cool hive, everything is wrong, god moving over the face of the waters (famous from the movie "heat" at the end), when it's cold I'd like to die...) and but also some dance music (feeling so real, anthem, everytime you touch me) and 1 or 2 weird tracks... but it's really a great album - the best moby ever produced. there's also a remix album but it's not as good and also the mixes are all mixed in a dj set.