Battlefield 2

Acriku

I have tried to jump out fo the way so many times. Sometimes it works, but generally not. Using the shift key helps.

Its been over 2 weeks since I touched BF2 now, such are the pressures of real life  :-

Its been over 2 weeks since I touched BF2 now, such are the pressures of real life  :-

Well, when you get a free hour or so jump on. I don't mind playing alone at all,but I prefer a nice little squad. Same goes for Spicy, Gun..etc. PLAY MORE BF2.....thats an order soldiers! 8) Now, drop and give me 20!

I think the circle is a Point of takoff for the HUD/Radar. Just a fancy little extra animation.  And speaking of circles, one of the maps has a crop circle in it i've seen once in a hele, looks pretty cool.

scar you nob... this circle  show you the middle point that mean if you see it in the middle of

the helo screen  that means the planes is not moving...

[  .  ]

if it flix to the right it means your banking to the right..if it gose awy its means the plan is moving and it wont stand still  :P

New patch vers.1.3 just released............

Battlefield 2 v1.3

Hi Everyone,

Patch 1.3 has now been released and is available for immediate download. The release of this patch is in line with our ongoing effort to make the game as enjoyable as possible, releasing quicker fixes addressing some of the things that you want to see changed.

New Features:

* Co-op: Players can now enjoy single player levels on Internet and LAN play with both Bots and human players. We have added a few options to allow the server admin to modify how the bots behave in game. Co-op play is not permitted on ranked servers.

* Air Dropped Vehicles: Squad members can no send a request to commanders to drop vehicles at their location.

Bug Fixes & Gameplay Tweaks:

* Ban list will no longer be wiped in the event of a server crash.

* Abandoned helicopters will no longer remain in flight.

* If a player joins a squad while dead they will not be permitted to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have spawned at a flag once.

* Flag Capture bar will now react accurately to players entering the capture radius.

* Friendly vehicles will no longer appear as valid targets for missile systems. The box with the X through it will still appear however the locked tone will not sound and missiles fired will not track the friendly target.

* Fixed the crash that sometimes occurred when switching between game types.

* Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account.

* Fixed Issues with remote console and Linux servers.

* Fixed the issue that prevented players from ranking up in-game when playing on their regular server.

* Fixed the bug that altered mini map behavior.

* Fixed issue with Special Forces rank names.

* Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle.

bf2patch1.3.exe - 438MB

bf2incrementalpatch1.22-1.3.exe - 83MB

bf2_server_1.3.exe - 297MB

server files for Linux v1.3 - 297MB

The team at Dice and EA

Here's the patch download links....

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/BF2_Full_13.exe

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/BF2_Incremental_122_13.exe

there is a new hidden function in this new patch by dice.. they manneged to disable all the private rankings and hacked servers... putting 100s of bf2 mods and communetys  and 10000s of players out of

the picture.... i bet this will improve the sells...

* If a player joins a squad while dead they will not be permitted to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have spawned at a flag once.

Do you realise how many times I did that to help capture a flag, or to stay at the front line and not have to trek half way accross the map (when we only have one flag, and on squad leader is miles deep in enemy territory, it is very useful !).

The gits !

EVIL ! >:D

Community Update - 5/09/06

Greetings Soldiers:

We at DICE and EA are aware of the concern surrounding the coming change to squad selection. We would like to take a moment to ease the feelings of tension related to this change.

Our goal is to refocus game play on team work, squad coordination and to also remove the spawning exploit used by some. In BF2 we introduced tools that would allow players to support one another as they battle for control points. To further enhance this aspect of game play squads were introduced to give players even more tools to coordinate their efforts and support each other.

Allowing squad mates to spawn on the squad leader was intended to provide an easy way for squads to stay together during chaotic battles. Unfortunately squad leaders have been used by some to launch team wide attacks on remote parts of maps with little thought to actual team unity beyond these maneuvers.

We believe this change will refocus the game play on team work and add more value to the roles of Squad Lead and Commander.

/The team at Dice and EA