Battlefield 2

Acriku

Anybody want to review this game? It's definitely worth a review. I'll do a quickie:

Gameplay 9/10

The gameplay is one of the best I've seen in a squad-based FPS, hell make that in any FPS. It makes you want to go back for more, and more and more. Its built-in online ranking system makes you want to climb the ranks and establish a presence among heroes. I've had so many gaming moments when you just sit back and say "wow" at what just went on in front of you. Besides the having to learn how to pilot the heloes and aircrafts (and no, it isn't easy), most people can get right into it and if they have played a FPS shooter, they will do well. While rising in the ranks does have its advantages, any person with enough skill can overtake somebody with a much higher rank - like a private can still shoot a general. Having unlockables in the online feature is a drawback, but they do not give much of an advantage. They usually compensate for a better feature with another feature, such as the sniper rifle that has a longer zoom but is compensated with a longer reload. This game is amazing.

I'm too tired for more categories, so somebody make up a better review lol. Anybody play online? PM me and we'll start some matches.

Just got that game and after several tries at the heleos I was ready to throw my mouse through the monitor. However, I loved the Co-pilot role for heleos much better with the tv-guided missles, awesome, some of those special effects for aircraft are really mind-blowing, and very realistic. Reminded me of the videos of guided missles from the Gulf War. Nice game so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody want to review this game? It's definitely worth a review. I'll do a quickie:

Gameplay 9/10

Man the more I play this game, the more I love it..I would call it a virtual real world RTS than a shooter though, way more strategy and teamwork than just shooting.

Yes me and you will pair up nicely then scar... i am an ace pilot....

One time i landed the chopper at a flag point where artillery was falling on my teammates... they all crawled over, jumped in, and i got them outta there... artillery shells exploding all around us and my chopper at 50% armor

I played a few games last night with a squad leader actually using it to talk to members, it does tend to make you do things alot better. Although I was just listening and responding with keyboard, it still made a HUGE difference in the teamwork. Damn, finally at Lance Corp. just a few more kills.

I do, but I don't really use VOIP much. People get pissed if I try lol. I've been meaning to get teamspeak. I have skype, but that's more for like calls than online speaking.

ah ok... well when you and Scar get "Teamspeak 2" i can invite you guys to my EVE: Online guild server which is meant for the game "EVE" but has a special BF2 private rooms as well as many people there play both games.

Yea I chose the special-ops unlock for strike at karkand, man that map is major close combat and brutal. I haven't tried medic but once, good thing about them is they keep ya spawning where you were and not 50 miles away, well if they are good at it. Favorite though is sniper unlock, a 7.5 mm rifle to a 50 cal. accurate as hell too...and really great for those hele pilots that like to just meander around and try to drop n snatch flags. instant death to hele and pilot if they just hover over it more than a sec or 2.

Hey also Gun, I need to test this mic to see how it sounds to others, so it's not distorted or too loud etc. i've yet to find someone to test it with. I've got it all set up correct and all just not sure how it sounds on the recieving end.

I've unlocked the medic, spec ops and sniper weapons. I like the spec ops weapon, but I'm getting more used to the medic's. I love being a medic, especially in close quarters. I revived a guy three times in a row one time until he finally got the guy shooting him. I could imagine the grief on the other guy lol. There seems to be more unlocks for each class, like another tier of unlockables.