Best Game Endings Ever

TMA_1

Myth II had an awesome ending to me, at least I thought so.

I also loved the ending for Starcraft. I loved the ending for Rage of Mages, and Time Commando. I loved the Dragon Warrior endings as well as (suprisingly) Mario 2. I loved the endings to the final fantasy games, all of them that I have played. I loooved Metal Gear Solid ending. hmm lets see I also really liked the Chrono Trigger ending as well as Illusions of Gaia ending. I absolutely loved the Nomad ending. I loved the princess maker 2 endings and lets see... oh you cant beat duke nukem 3d ending.lol What other ones... there are so many more! I will post in a bit for my absolute favorite endings though, like the top three.

what are your guy's favorite endings? and what endings do you like? just list ones you like as well as your tops. I thought this would be an interesting thread idea.

I could never get past level 2 or so for Mario 2

Chrono trigger I could not get past a spot for some reason, must have programming glitch or something. (made it to the future)

Duke 3d is good, same with starcraft :)

Can't think of any other games :(

You invaded Scotland and won? Well, that's something that nobody else has ever done...

Hordes of the Underdark, Neverwinter Nights. That was cool. You choose your own ending... I also rather liked the ending to Tomb Raider II.

The ending of MGS2 was a bit confusing, though.

[hide]So, the Patriots are all dead and the identity of those who messed with you is completely unknown, or the Patriots are not what we believe them to be, Rose never existed, what's up with all that?[/hide]

Halo ending was cool...the last lvl...ohh yeah. War3: RoC has a great storyline but the ending is poor (the cinematic could eb much better) and the War3:FT ending is sooo cool  ;) Hmm ofc Final Fantsies have great endings..hmmm....HalfLife all ex packs endings...don't remember anymore  :-

I could never get past level 2 or so for Mario 2

Chrono trigger I could not get past a spot for some reason, must have programming glitch or something. (made it to the future)

Duke 3d is good, same with starcraft :)

Can't think of any other games :(

Stuck at Mountain of Death? Get the doll, turn them into trees, wait behind tree until soudn of wind howling ends...then move on.

Favourite endings?

Chrono Trigger

Warcraft III

Romancing Saga 2, feels good to review once how you expanded the empire emperor by emperor...

No, they're divorced. The GDI Firestorm ending wasn't the worst one I've ever seen, but it certainly wasn't great. All it did was tie up all the storyline threads, and while I appreciated that, it did little to entertain me. It was a hearty handshake and a slap on the back when I expected more.

Stuck at Mountain of Death? Get the doll, turn them into trees, wait behind tree until soudn of wind howling ends...then move on.

Favourite endings?

Chrono Trigger

Warcraft III

Romancing Saga 2, feels good to review once how you expanded the empire emperor by emperor...

I know it was rigth after I killed some robots, and there is a beat up car in the screen, and an "opening" in the sreen on the bottom right side, but I couldnt go thru it. (nothing happened).

[hide]The guy who survived the thing in the start finishes telling the story in a mental asylum, and it turns out that he is telling it to Bhaal (SP?). Bhaal then asks the man for the soul stone that he took, and burns the room, and the man. It's been a while though so that might not be exactly as it happens.[/hide]

Of what I finished, undoubtly best was the end of Deus Ex. There were more possibilities, I've chosen the...we can say elitist one  ;D  Necroticon, Diablo II ends with killing Diablo. I would say Blizzard had not made very hard story about this...

Well, they did translate the Tacitus at the end of the GDI Firestorm campaign.

I liked the endings of the original C&C very much, especially blowing up the Eiffel Tower or seeing the Temple of Nod burn by the Ion Cannon.

Tiberian Sun's Nod ending is great too, with the bigass missile being launched and all.

I'm going to play Deus Ex after I finish System Shock 2. I already finished System Shock 1 :)

The Tiberian Sun Nod ending is probably the most incomprehensible I've ever seen. What exactly happens to Kane? What is that big glowing sphere in the missile? What happens to the Earth? etc. etc.

As for the GDI Firestorm ending, it's not too bad. Decoding the Tacitus IS an immense breakthrough, after all. The Nod ending is far more entertaining, though. ;)

There are a few possibilities of what happens to Kane, I think. Either he is somehow teleported from Earth (soon to be tiberiformed) by the Scrin, or by himself. Or, he is simply killed by his own hand trying to fulfill his own messianic vision. The other possibility is the religious one; he transcends human existence.

The big glowing sphere in the missile is undoubtedly the tiberium technology that is used to tiberiform Earth in one huge chain reaction. I don't know how it does this, of course, because this is all pretend.

I liked the Brood War ending for the most part.  The end half with text was open ended...which wasn't so good.  But the part with the Admiral reading his letter as he is about to commit suicide is good.

Final Fantasy endings always rock.

HALO ending was nice, funny if you do it on Legendary.