Euro 2004

Dunenewt

WHAT DID I TELL U?

NOW I EXPECT ALL SOCCER "KNOWLEDGABLE" PEOPLE WILL SHUT UP!

GREECE RULES!!!!!!!

They did exceptionally well (or Protugal did exceptionally bad). It was fun seeing Greece win :)

I didn't like the match Spain - Russia though. The ref was to much in favor of Spain.

Can't wait for Latvia to ease their way through the opposing giants in their group 8)

Yeah, the Spain - Russia game was boring and one-sided, referee-way. >:( Portugal played as if they didn't get any sleep the previous day, and I guess Figo and Rui Costa, the supposed "stars" just didn't get enough proper support from other players that they needed, like what they get in their clubs.

They did exceptionally well (or Protugal did exceptionally bad). It was fun seeing Greece win :)

I didn't like the match Spain - Russia though. The ref was to much in favor of Spain.

can't agree with you more. damn Urs Meier threw around with the cards

Wasn't this thread somewhere here already?

Anyway...I am rooting for Russia, Bulgaria, Croatia and mainly, LATVIA!! Go former-soviets! 8)

I'm with Lowzeewee!

LAT-VI-A!LAT-VI-A!LAT-VI-A!LAT-VI-A!LAT-VI-A!LAT-VI-A!LAT-VI-A! ;D :D ;)

France2-1England

INCREDIBLE !

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But, it was a great match, the best team on the ground was England ! A great, great, great, great defence.....

But Zidane was there !

Don`t ask me how they did it but holy shit,England cost me a new telly.

It is totallt forbidden to do like they did,And I don`t even hve them as my favourite team ::)

Cybo

PS: Nintendo James was lucky,he should have seen trhe red one 8)

Don`t ask me how they did it but holy shit,England cost me a new telly.

It is totallt forbidden to do like they did,And I don`t even hve them as my favourite team ::)

Cybo

PS: Nintendo James was lucky,he should have seen trhe red one 8)

Ehmmmm, I am suprised that you don't mention Silvestre, that is where the game changed.Ā  He should have been sent off for clearly denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity which is punishable by an ordering off.Ā  As for the game, was really annoyed at the ending as England did not deserve what happened to them.Ā  However, Gerrard is a fool, the ref made two stupid errors, Barthez made a good save and Zidane is just class.

Great game, mostly because of the way it ended. Both James and Silvestre should have been sent off, and since England's penalty was much earlier, playing 11vs10 could have completely altered the course of the game.

Didn't anyone watch Switzerland-Croatia? The referee was ridiculous, he sent off the Swiss player for no reason at all.

Unbeliveable once again we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot and in the last 2 mins of extra time!!!

Heskey donkey should never have given the penalty and Beckhams penalty being saved unbelivable, all credit too France keeping up the pressure but the REF deserves a kicking.

As ever it aint over till it's over and our team needs to remember that.

Man, 4 games played so far, 3 penalties awarded, 2 red cards and so many yellow cards. Are the referees mad, lol. :D

No we aren't mad :P.Ā  It is my understanding from discussions at the SFA Referee Summer Conference (which was the weekend past) that the Referee's have been told to caution players for stepping over the rules.Ā  The governing bodies are getting sick of players getting away with "murder" as it is, and so this is to counteract that.Ā  Take the Spain-Russia game.Ā  The Referee in charge is considered on of the best and yet he bad booked 6 within 35 minutes.Ā  That speaks acres to the instructions they have been given.

Unbeliveable once again we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot and in the last 2 mins of extra time!!!

Heskey donkey should never have given the penalty and Beckhams penalty being saved unbelivable, all credit too France keeping up the pressure but the REF deserves a kicking.

As ever it aint over till it's over and our team needs to remember that.

Heskey gave away the freekick not the penalty (that was David James) and Barthez's penalty save was just fantastic!Ā  What did the Ref do wrong apart from the lack of a red card?

Firstly you forget my location and age.Ā  I am 19 and live in Scotland so refereeing in the conference is kinda out of the question.Ā  I am a youth referee with promotion to Class 4 coming soon (if not already).Ā  I can referee Amateur games, Youth Development Initiative games and Schools Football.Ā  I also can be an assistant referee or 4th official for Junior League Football, and now have been promoted to Assistant Referee for Highland League Football this year.Ā  Hopefully in a few years I should be a Class 2, doing Junior League Middles.

If I recall right ,Silvestre was`nt the last man was he ?

SwedenĀ  really showed teeth this afternoon,larsson is just amazing,at the right place at the right time in 8 out of 10.Denmark lost 2 points vs Italy Italy should be very happy :P

Tomorrow we got another good fight comin`

,Oranje is walkin`in the arena.Hup HOlland

Cybo

Gosh england would have won without cheating! There was no problem in refering like that in world cup. Anyway the england would have pulled another traditional vitory for them but first Barthez and then Zidane gave them life. I mean before that last five minutes Zidane could have been found hardly and it was only Pires and Henry, but the magnificent one found himself back in time. The english defense blocked the shots like they block shots at our hockey games. They were tremondouslyĀ  on control. But still Italy is the master of defensive play. And now they have Totti, Del Piero and Vieri to give them one of tournament's greatest offense as well. Boy are they going to be superb if they all click together.

OMG, I thought Bulgaria would win, yesterday when I predicted before the game started...but I did guess a draw between Italy and Denmark so I was right...

Sweden 5-0 Bulgaria

Ljungberg 32, Larsson 57, 58, Ibrahimovic 78, Allback 90

Wow, Larsson double in...1 minute?

Edit: Next Prediction: Latvia beats Czech Rep. with a Pahars hat-trick :D ;D