Which game had the best music?

Dunenewt

I think Dune games had very good music. Then I'm aiming especially at the music of Dune II, which was the base for music in Emperor and Dune 2000

But also Commander Keen had some good music.

Actually, I think many games these days, don't have good music... (Some do have)

Command and Conquer for sure. Some of that music still comes back to me sometimes.

also Command and conquer Renagade, Total Annihilation Kingdoms, Battlefield 1942, Banjo-kazooe & Banjo tooie (Nintindo64) Supermario64 (Nintindo64) Donkey kong country 1 2 & 3 (supernintindo) SQ5 (Old Dos game) Super Metriod (Supernintindo) Ur-quan masters (PC)or also known as Starcon 2 for Dos. And defintely Metroid prime.(Gamecube) It has music like i've never heard before anywhere.

and probbably a lot more...

I wish I could make good music like that. :)

Betrayal at Krondor has the best music EVER. It goes good with the game, gives it the best felling ever, adn you can even listen to the music without the game adn still immensely enjoy them!

If anyone disagrees, you must die... or listen to the music. ;)

It can be found by track at:

http://krondor.darkseduction.net/music/mp3/Krondor_MP3s/

Or all of them in rar format:

http://krondor.darkseduction.net/music/mp3/all_krondor_mp3s_in_rar_chunks/

For some reason the one file for all the music in mp3 format is not working.

I have them in .wav format and they are a jaw dropper. Sadly I can not find them. :( something must be corrupt or something. omg they must be not working noooooo.

EDIT - After some careful playing around, I figured out how to get them :)

Awesome music.

-The 7th Guest (you know music is gonna be good when it's done by a guy known as The Fat Man)

-The entire Myst series.

-DreamWeb

-Unreal

-Deus Ex

-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

-System Shock 1/2

-Beneath a Steel Sky (Rob Lowe)

-Harlan Ellison's I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

-Quake 1 (Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails) and 2 (Rob Zombie)

-American McGee's Alice

Anything from the Unreal Series

Deus Ex (Maaaaad)

Raptor : Call of the Shadows (Old, but good)

And one more. In Donkey Kong Country 2, on SNES, there was a level called Squawk's Cavern. I love the music from that level. Does anyone know where I can find the music from it?

Freespace: The Great War

I have no doubts about it, soundtrack was made by Dan Wentz, another of his compositions you can see in Red Faction 1/2, FS sequel, Summoner 1/2 and Descent 2, tough I haven't heard them yet. But good music is anywhere. In MW2 Mercenaries, Sacrifice, Gabriel Knight, Deus Ex, Freelancer, C&Cs too etc.  Some of these you play only for it  ;D  For its era had perfect music also games like Dooms, Dunes and Sonics.

You bitches, don't make so hard questions.  :P

Well, Mark Morgan's and Jeremy Soule's (e.g Total Annihilation) music is very good in general, but I am not sure if I can name a single game that has the best music in the world. Fallout 1 & 2 have nice ambiet musics, as Planescape Torment (Morgan owns all the way.)

Codename Outbreak has also very nice music, I wonder why only so few games have heavy tracks in the soundtrack.

Ben Houge's music in Arcanum rocks also.

The game with best music is Final Fantasy VII hands down.  No other game beats it in my opinion.  The boss battle music is just amazing and so is the whole OST.  Might go listen to it actually....

And one more. In Donkey Kong Country 2, on SNES, there was a level called Squawk's Cavern. I love the music from that level. Does anyone know where I can find the music from it?

Try www.vgmusic.com for A similer sounding tune. Or you can play it on an emulater called zsnes on your computer. I'l let you google search from there. I know what your saying though.

I hear most of the Super Nintindo Final Fantasy games had real good music. I've listend to a few and the music is great for its time. Chrono trigger for the Super nintindo had preety good music.

What music you would like or wouldn't really depends on your flavor. :-