Which game had the best music?

Dunenewt

Yeah, the Red Alert 2 version of Hell March isn't as good as the original.

There is a rumour they shout "Hail Hitler" in the song, but that just impossible because it's soviet and not allies song (as far as I remember, in Red Alert Germany and USA are allies). It sounds more like "Hee hoo Hail". Dunno.

"Die Waffen legt an", "weapons up" command, like when in 18th century soldiers were putting rifles on arms. I think this was the closest and most logical description.

By the way I played one nice game named Rune with a very good music, tough it's played very rarely in game itself...

MechWarrior4 basically hijacked an orchestra to do about 30 original songs for the game; each song, in my opinion, was great at creating a particular mood or impression -- which in my mind is the great thing about game soundtracks. Pretty much each mission had its own music, which you just don't see every now and then. Even famous music-heavy games, like Final Fantasy, re-use a good portion of their tracks. MechWarrior4 had its own sound-track for the installation -- a sort of an homage to the original MechWarrior 2 mercenaries.