Sardaukar2k/New Dune Game

Inoculator9

Me too obviously, so we might be able to start something out...

Perhaps, since my work on S2K right now is strictly organization, we could band together and try and find some people to help out with a 3D Dune Build game. We could even use the CyborgPrime Studios Forum to host a private discussion so that we can get things going. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might have been mentioned before, how about the ability to create a mine field? Another idea is to have more natural obstacles like extremely soft sand, where, heavy units can become bogged down but will allow troopers,trikes and quads to cross. Or the ability to lay steel mesh on the sand if you need to expand for building. Sand storms, areas of the map that are uncovered can become temporally blinded to players as the sand storm passes?

Just a few thoughts, sorry if they have been mentioned before.

In regards the mine field.

Laying the mine field, will you have the ability to drop the mines from a carryall or orthy?

Instead of sending the orthy's on a bombing run, you could select mines and send them off to seed an area. The mines will have to be viewable to the player laying them only. Will there be a special ground unit that can lay a minefield? Mines blast power? Will it be strong enough to destroy a tank on a single hit, or will the tank need to run into several to be destroyed? Will force fire work to cut a path through the mine field?

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

He can make the game engine alone, and he is, lol ;) He's doing a great job, so I intend to make every effort to ease the weight on him as possible. So far, I think we can count on about three reliable modellers right now.

Oh, and one minor milestone... this thread is now on the top ten list for views ;)

The reason the engine is not already out is that some technical difficulties were stumbled upon...

The engine should be ready shortly after I've sorted those difficulties out. I'm testing all the code I write to keep the users from discovering a bug I didn't notice because I wasn't using that part of the engine, so that also takes time...

Anyway, when the engine is out, I'm going to be really happy!