Sardaukar2k/New Dune Game

Inoculator9

<looks longingly at the stick, then sighs>

I know how that is... I was doing one (very amateur-ish) on RPGM2k3 that a couple of my closest friends thought was hillarious (argumets with 'The Shredder', outwitting the Ass-raping Nazis, an inept bunch of heros chosen purely through mistaken identity (A band named "Saviours of the world" chosen by a deaf and senile council of elders)...

But then my computer went all buggery and I wiped the hardriev. All the scripting, editing, sprite-drawing, monster-tweaking and battle animations goneĀ  :'(

Now they wnat me to re-do it, as well as continue developing this D&D campaign setting, as well as DM regularily (so i have to come up with maps, NPCs, and schnit for that), and gods knows bloody what else... As the other guy said... the day is 120 hours too shortĀ  : ;D

I hate typing long messages more than once, so I'll just quote my two most informative posts on the main Sardaukar 2000 board.

Dear everyone

During the past few days, I and a friend of mine have been talking about making a game together.

Yesterday we had a meeting with us two and a third guy. My friend and I are programmers, while this third guy takes care of graphics. Oh, I forgot to say that there was a fourth guy there too. He will probably make music for the game, if not my friend will do that.

Anyway, it will be a 3D RTS game. Alas, not set in the Duniverse, but most certainly easily moddable into the Duniverse!

So why is this so good?

Because when there are more people in a team, and they all live near eachother, the team have good chances of success. Much better than if they are scattered around the globe. Also, we have two programmers, which is kind of a must on such big games.

We plan on getting it published when it's done.Ā  :)

Work should start once we've done extensive brain storming and careful planning(which is really important).

The official team will be the guys in the team here in Bergen.

As we can keep in close contact with eachother, make equipment purchases and the like very easily, the official team will not be expanded outside this area.

However, everyone here is free to come with ideas and have their effect on how the finished game will look like.

Also, those who give us good ideas will get their name in the credits list.

When the game is released, our company will probably be called Cannibal Pixels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sardaukar 2000 info:

Nobody gets kicked out of the Sardaukar 2000 team here on dune2k. Why? Because this is the team that will make Sardaukar 2000!

Basically the game my group will make is another game, but as I really want to see Sardaukar 2000 finished and released as freeware, I thought we could mod the game I and my friends are making into Sardaukar 2000. While that is less work for me as a programmer(because the game is already programmed, sort of, and INI scripting and the like will be the type of "programming" we will need to do for Sardaukar 2000), it's work for the others in the team as if we made a game from scratch. Graphics wise, that is. As no real programming needs to be done, I guess I will be doing the 3D models for Sardaukar 2000.

That will really ease the load on my shoulders. I felt like I had far too much to do being the programmer and modeller.

I told you in another topic that I had a surprise for you. The surprise was that Sardaukar 2000 would be in 3D.

The game would cost $x, be ready when it's done.

Either you will have to buy the game and use Sardaukar 2000 as a mod, or the engine will be slightly modified and recompiled by me to support Sardaukar 2000 without the need to buy the main game.