Sardaukar2k/New Dune Game

Inoculator9

So in what kind of timeframe can I expect the INI files?

The ini file only covers buttons and list boxes in the interface at the moment.

More will come as the game develops.

The scripting language is improved as often as possible to be easy and powerful at the same time. I'll do some major work tomorrow, so expect an update.

Here's a little overview of the ini files as they are planned:

Main.ini:

In this file, you specify the ini files to use with the game.

You may specify as many as you want. You are able to make as many ini files as you want because you then can make your scripts as tidy as you want. You may also, of course, only keep to one Interface file and one Game file.

Interface ini files:

May be called whatever you want, and contain scripts about the game interface. This is everything from backgrounds to buttons, labels, listboxes and textboxes in all the windows.

Game ini files:

Contain scripts about the game itself.

Teams names, colours, logoes, units buildings, and much more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will soon need someone to start creating the game theme.

This includes:

Design buttons, listboxes, textboxes, scroll bars and background.

Are anyone interested?

I'm sorry to say Newt, but I'm going to look for someone more able in these terms. I think Hawat or Nema might be able to help out there, but Nema hasn't been on all his best legs lately... maybe we could make one of those lovely recruitment posts in generals, asking for people to design buttons? We can check out examples of their work and if we decide they're good enough, give em the details of what we need.

The current list of houses is:

Houses:

Corrino

Harkonnen

Richese

Atreides

IX

Bene Tleilax

Sub Houses:

Swordmasters of Ginaz

Bene Gesserit Sisterhood

Smugglers Guild

Mercenary Consortium

House Hagal

House Ecaz

Fremen

I hope this was not secret information, Inoc :P

I'm sorry to say Newt, but I'm going to look for someone more able in these terms. I think Hawat or Nema might be able to help out there, but Nema hasn't been on all his best legs lately... maybe we could make one of those lovely recruitment posts in generals, asking for people to design buttons? We can check out examples of their work and if we decide they're good enough, give em the details of what we need.

I allowed him to give it a try.

He might be very good, but please go on with your recruitment post.

Anyway, it will take some time to make the interface complete so that people can start script buttons.

Skills in ini scripting(basic understanding of a scripting language) and graphic making will be great for this job.

Ok, that sounds fine. I'll post it too. Actually, on second thoughts, Newst is good with that kind of thing...

Forgot to mention another thing! I think TMA will be willing to contribute some of his fantastic starship models to us for use in the between level movies. That will be especially useful for the Ix Campaigns. Once we get our forum, in early September, I'll post why that is and some mission movie choriography.

And about scripters, I have a few lined up, but I'm not going to bring them in until the forum is ready. That won't be to long.

TMA can do basic textures, which I think is all thats needed. His models are of such superb quality and detail that if he can add some basic textures with house colours, I think they would be fine.

And I added the thread in generals, I hope we get some volunteers :)

Yes TMA's ship models would make a good looking backround pic also (like when it shows mission stats or something)

People could make landscapes/ landscape movies using Terragen, but only if it is for noncommerical use. (read disclaimer and info at http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/ )

I have experience with Terragen and also making movies with it. Although it can take a while to make nice landscapes and movies are well... take very much longer if a good movie.