Author of DE Passes On

Mahdi

Dr. Willis E. McNelly, author of the Dune encyclopedia, passed away earlier today at the age of 82, according to his official website. Details of his death have not been released, but his son, Jim McNelly, has posted a short eulogy on their site. If you would like to express your sympathies, please do so in this news thread. I will be e-mailing the webmaster of his official site, who once set up an interview between myself and the good doctor, and will be including the link to this news article within it, in the hopes that it will be forewarded to his family.

Bi La Kaifa.

That's such sad news. He was probably the most knowledgeable person about Dune aside from Frank Herbert himself. And he was kind to the fans also. I'll miss him, despite never having gotten to talk to him.

This is sad, i was hoping one day to read his BJ story thing.

To bad he is gone. He will be missed. :'(

3 rows of 7 sadukar line up aid point their las guns in air.

We are here to reamber Dr. Willis E. McNelly beloved Dune Fanatic and author of the DE.

We pause to reamber him and salute him.

READY

AIM

FIRE

The air is broken by the sound of the las guns firing.

Bi La Kief Willis

Bi La Kief

May Shi-Hulud warm you and may your blade chip and shatter .

I had the Dune Ecyclopedia for the last month but neglected to read most of it, but will have to sometime to see his insights on Dune.

He will be missed, I wish I could have only met him, just like I wish I met Frank Herbert.

I had some email communication with him, and also the fortune to own a copy of his DE.

He will be missed at alt.fan.dune as well as D2K and other sites.

My condolances to his family and friends.

rgds

OrLoK