Poll: Back to Post?

Gobalopper

After posting a new message I should be taken...  

49 members have voted

1. 1. After posting a new message I should be taken...

• ...back to the category index.
    • ...back to the post.

hmmm.. it used to be different when i tried to make like something where i typed the word then spaced over and wrote something else and then did that on the next line and it would be off... but in the preview post it was lined up and if i put it on the

actual post it was ^

all distorted |

like this |

over there |

>>>>>>>> |

in the preview it looks straight but in the actual post... not even close

Ok, for whenever you actually do do that, you have time to click back on your thread post...If you do it a lot, then I can understand why you would want it to go to the post. But, saving to a post does make it go back to the post, so all it takes is one going back to the post.

yes, but as i said before,

because i am a lazy bum

that takes one more click

at some boards it asks you every time you post which you would like to do, then you can save it as a preference. would this be possible, i know it would take more time though.

if you can do this Gobalopper, i think that would be great, that way everyone can be happy ;)

I think it would be nice if we were given an option (like a checkbox in the window where we make the post) to go back to the post after making it, or go back to the index. Kinda like the "Disable Smilies" check box. We could check the checkbox (or not), and we wouldn't have to keep selecting the checkbox every time because it would remember the last setting that it was on. So if you checked the checkbox in your last post, it would be checked in your next post, and vice versa. There is no option for this, so I can't vote for it.

Stay the way it is. I trust the posts I make and its a pain to have to click on home again. Like joe said, you can look over what you wrote really easily. that is what the preview button is for.lol Also, that is why you reread what you type before you send it. duh? hehe

I vote to keep it the way it is... hit preview if you wanna see it... if Gob could get the spell checker mod then thats all youd need hit preview run spell check hit preview again and then post. on to tha next thread...

Dj I remember seeing a free built in spell checker for IE. I forget the name now but I'm sure you could find it by doing a search.

Oh cool tnx for tha tip, I'm sitting at my desk with 2 dictonarys and a thesaurus, just because I dont trust running my text thru Word. I usally just copy and paste from one to the other and run spell check, but it doesnt always work to well... I will have to search for that Gob, tnx again. ;)

back to posts. that's how it used to be. that's how it should be. it just screws up the "viewed" counter (by giving it ridiculously-high numbers which are not an accurate reflection of the number of people who were interested in the thread) and causes frustration to all the posters by making you have to click on the same thread manually just to see that your post was posted correctly.

the current system is dumb. put it back to how it was before. back to post.