Site Updates

Gobalopper

I'm gonna donate money as soon as the zeros appear on the other side of the decimal place on my bank balance.

Does yours have this big flashing -10000 too?  What d'ya think it means?

This need for a new computer ain't gonna help it either....

The $20 I'd saved to donate to the site is now the cornerstone of that fund

coughfirstofnextweeknowcough

Yeah, got an email. I think the bank is still being a dick and not processing the cheque. Even though the people that wrote the cheque have been talking to them...

Edit - everything looks messed up now. Raincheck in September perhaps?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the forum being updated, but when I came to FED2k about an hour or two ago, it said that upgrades were in progress, and that the forum would be back up shortly.  When I returned five minutes ago, the entire forum was... well, weird.

It was all white and the pictures weren't displaying.  I noticed that I wasn't logged in, so I tried that to see if it helped.  It did, and now everything is back to normal.  This happened in both Firefox and IE, so I don't think it's my browser being funny; I attached a screenshot of what happened with IE.  Additionally, when I did get everything back to looking good again, I noticed that my Smiley Set had changed from Comic to No Smileys... which, ironically, still provides me with smileys, just not very good ones.

From what I can see, the first problem is only happening to people who aren't logged in... though I could be wrong, and I've no idea why it would occur. ???

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I have the same problem.

I have seemingly figured out the problem has to do with the theme. The current Classic YaBB SE Theme and Forum or Board Default gives me the white backgrounds. I thought that YaBB SE was retired? The other Harkonnen, Atreides work nicely with no white background.

I recommend changing to one of those until the problem is solved.

http://www.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;sa=theme

EDIT - Found a bug with the Atreides theme. You can not tell if a board has a new message in it. The board is coloured blue like every board.

Harkonnen does not have this problem. So Harkonnen is better, at least usability wise.

2nd EDIT - Nema put a new mod out. Whenever there is a new front page news, maybe you should add it also. Along with redux 3 website. And explain what happened to Dune editing website.

3rd Edit - Hmm, guess you can choose the FED2k theme. Which makes everything look normal.

Atreides and Harkonnen themes aren't going to work as well as the FED2k one. They are really just test themes that people can use if they want.

The default theme was reset when the upgrade happened, it should be fixed now.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the forum being updated, but when I came to FED2k about an hour or two ago, it said that upgrades were in progress, and that the forum would be back up shortly. When I returned five minutes ago, the entire forum was... well, weird.

Has happened before. Attachment is archived now, but it was the same, roughly.

link

Perhaps some of the suggestions there will still be helpful.

Just noticed that the IM page is now aligned correctly! Hurray!

We are also able to delete our accounts once again in the profiles.

EDIT - Was looking at some pages and found some titles to be incorrect and also some grammatical errors for pictures. Some don't have titles at all (doesn't matter).

http://www.dune2k.com/?page=duniverse-miniseries&show=cod-images&start=11&previous=0

2nd row far right: Completely wrong. It takes place at the first of the miniseries on the planet Naraj I believe.

3rd row 2nd from left: grammar error.

3rd row far right: Completely wrong. (I don't remember the guy's name being Paul eithor, but it might be, although I doubt it.) The father was Farok I believe (according to the book, and the blind musician scene).

http://www.dune2k.com/?page=duniverse-miniseries&show=cod-images&start=34&previous=22

2nd row far right: annihalating is wrong, should be spelt annihilating. Guard is also spelt wrong.

Would give more detail but I have an exam due tomorrow.

No it isn't lol. Well at least on IE it isn't. Firefox displays it better... but writing looks a bit squashed cos its right up to the border.

Very odd. It used to work in IE but not Firefox. Now it works in Firefox but not IE.

And the "no border" on right side of page thing is annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd.

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&lr=&q=fed2k&btnG=Search

Check what images come up. Don't remember all the forum software images showing.

Odd, I don't remember having acess to view files without directly linking to them. (showing directories)

Just took the http://dune2k.com/forum/Themes/fed2k/images/fed2k.jpg as it was the image I was looking for. :)

Must be the whole theme thing.