Iraq Issues

And what is A.W.O.L. ?

i looked it up it means

noun

One who is away or absent without leave.

adjective

- Absent without permission.

- (military) having deserted your post or station without leave.

synonyms - truant.

type of - absentee

similar - absent, disloyal

lol. this kind of idiocy is what will kill off the world.

if you are not moral and smart enough to understand why a dictator with absolute power should not be allowed nuclear weapons, then there is little anyone can do for you.

You're right... Saddam isn't a democratic leader. But imho Bush isn't as well, because he had less votes than Al Gore. (~500'000 votes)

But what I wanted to say, isn't that Saddam should have nuclear weapons... I think all the other countries should not have any... but countries like the USA will never dispose of their nuclear weapons.

Huh? Oh you mean California and New York. That's why we have an electoral vote, which the democrats want to abolish so they can win every election in the future. States like California and New York that have humongous populations in relation to the rest of the country would always dictate the election without the electoral vote. It boils down to winning the most electoral votes which gives every region in the country a voice in the election. It seems very fair and democratic to me. Bush won by a narrow margin. You are lucky Gore is not president. He would have based all of his decisions on polls and would have already attacked Iraq months ago.

No, Bush actually got less votes then Gore. He won because of the winner takes all system. Even a single vote more can mean that it is as if all the people in that state voted for Bush. Gore won the popular vote.

But neither of them got the plurality, wich says a thing or two about both candidates ;D

Ha ha ha... don't be so naive, Acriku. The end justifies the means, remember? And the end is to get into power.

The only reason they haven't struck a deal yet is because their own greed keeps them from accepting to share power with others.

Edric, you don't know how things work. The power they would gain would be to write and pass laws, and influence decisions, etc, so how could they write or pass laws without having a war with different opinions? The demos wouldn't let the repubs pass their laws, and the repubs wouldn't let the demos pass their's, so it wouldn't amount to anything.

They would simply pretend to argue for the sake of the public opinion and the media, while they arrange a simple "one for you - one for me" deal. This term the reps get their way, next the dems... and so on. And they share the benefits.

But like I said, their personal ambition and greed gets in the way of that, thank God.

They would simply pretend to argue for the sake of the public opinion and the media, while they arrange a simple "one for you - one for me" deal. This term the reps get their way, next the dems... and so on. And they share the benefits.

Jeez, you are paranoid. ;)

And what if the only two existing parties strike a deal? You end up with a de facto dictatorship.

"The penalty for those who refuse to get involved in politics is that they end up being governed by their inferiors."

- Plato

In Czech Republic, 1999, biggest two parties, Zeman's left-wing CSSD and Klaus' right-wing ODS made an "opposition deal", what caused ODS for some "unknown reasons" to join CSSD in their tryings. Not only there was no dictatorship (also the opposition deal was considered as a failure by politologists and as "worst thing they've ever did" by party leaders) since 1989, even they joined NATO.