Iraq Issues

They have killed or captured a lot of terrorists since 9/11 and for all we know Osama could be dead already too. Those people did have the right to rebel and just because they didn't have military support from the rest of the world doesn't make it wrong.

Well he could very well be dead, but what would be really sick is that he lives in a New York apartment. That would make some question our security.

Not likely... I personally think he's enjoying himself on a tropical island somewhere...

I saw those Iraqis on the Dutch television. It was on the first channel, around 18:15 GMT

And about that rebellion:

http://indymedia.ie/cgi-bin/newswire.cgi?id=29498&start=0

On top of that at the end of the Gulf War I, when Bush (on TV) encouraged the Iraqis

to rise up in rebellion, then when it looked like they were on the verge of ousting

Saddam, the US Admin suddenly gave permission for the Iraqi army to fly their

own (Iraqi) helicopters. Result: Rebellion quickly crushed. The folks in the army

and the intelligence service would have been acutely aware that this would be the

outcome. So why did they do it. To leave Saddam in place. Heck if democracy broke out

it could spread all over the Arab world, and then the people would demand a fair

price for their oil. The purpose now is to put in their own obedient dictator

-anything but liberation!

I'm surprised you missed that...

LOL! that is the biggest load of hokey I've read yet. The US wanted to finish the job, it was the UN.... THE UNITED NATIONS that demanded the US cease firing. THe US was willing and fully prepared to continue until Sadaam is removed! DOn't blame the US for that mistake. That was the brainchild of your precious EU and UN for that one.

Q: WHY WAS SADDAM HUSSEIN LEFT IN POWER AFTER DESERT STORM IN 1991 WHEN THE US WANTED TO FINISH THE JOB WHY DIDNT THEY?

A: UN RESOLUTION 687. http://www.caabu.org/press/documents/unscr-resolution-687.html THE UNITED NATIONS ONCE AGAIN DEMONSTRATING THEIR UTTER FAILURES IN WORLD POLITICS...NOW REAPING WHAT THEY SOWED.

And once again in 2003 SOME (a minority thankfully) are trying to repeat the mistakes of 1991. Thankfully the majority of the UN this time around sees their mistake in 1991 demanding the US implement a cease fire (when the US should have finished the job that the UN didn't want them too)

Same scandal was attack on Jugoslavia in 1999. Whole world closed eyes over tyranny in Kosovo and when USA ignored UN and downed Milosevic, all nations found it was good thing. They should do same with Saddam, when he was killing his own, but that will was never so tough as today is.

Errr, Milosevic never had any intention to improve the living standards in his country... He never had any intention to fight the US, either. (obviously, since he knew he would lose)

US capitalism rebuilds their conquests into countries as corrupt and socially unjust as all other capitalist states.

Every country can be considered unjust. Justice isn't morale, it is relative.

Milosevic was an idiot. A nationalist, what is highest idiocy possible in this world. Then he made some mess and nearly caused other Balkan War, not in Bosnia, but in Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia. And only USA had enough courage to stop him. They have new investment places now - but that you can call a reward.

interesting....VERY interesting....

Report: German Intelligence Suppressed Evidence Of Iraqi Smallpox?

Feb 18, 2003

German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported Feb. 16 that the German government for months intentionally suppressed evidence that Iraq possesses supplies of smallpox.

The United Nations completed its smallpox eradication program in the early 1970s. In theory, no samples of the deadly virus exist anywhere in the world, aside from a handful of high-security government labs -- where they are kept specifically for research purposes. Smallpox could prove a particularly effective battlefield or terrorist weapon, because it is easily communicable and global inoculations against the virus were halted 25 years ago. According to the report, the German Health Ministry claimed in an internal report in August 2002 that German intelligence knew of smallpox being stored in Iraq and North Korea. Health officials estimated that up to 20 million Germans could die in a smallpox attack, and called for immediate expansion of Germany's vaccine supplies.

Health Minister Ulla Schmidt referred to portions of the internal report in November testimony to the Bundestag budget committee, but notably omitted any reference to Iraq or potential casualties.

The Ministry report apparently lay dormant until the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung article on Feb. 16. The Health Ministry since has confirmed the existence of the document, but claimed its "drastic language" was geared to push for additional funding for vaccines.

Berlin has been among the world's most anti-war governments -- to such a point that it has poisoned Germany's relations with the United States.

If the information proves true, it would indicate that the German government has actively denied the United Nations and its allies information about the existence of an Iraqi WMD program while helping to lead the global anti-war crusade. Such a development could hasten the end of Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's political career and likely trigger early elections in Germany.

Such a revelation also would be likely to tilt anti-war sentiment in Europe and could speed the commencement of U.S. military operations against Iraq.

Oh, and one more thing... I wonder why those pro-war and pro-mass murder protestors joined the ANTI-war protests just to mock them instead of rallying up their own?

Ah, I think I know: Because no one else would join their pro-genocide rallies in favour of war.

Why can't they march with signs of "Saddam, leave Iraq"? I think swede-protesters are insane, they walk around with palestinian flags (okay, nothing wrong with that but: ) and with signs with this text: "Bomb Israel instead of Iraq". Is this justice all of a sudden? Maybe they'd supported Hitler too? If Saddam leaves, then there would be no war. Besides that, the anti-war marches also have many communists in them, with signs like: "Bomb America", "Drop Bush not Bombs" and "Thanks God I am not an American".

I am really ashamed when I see them on the TV and in the newspaper...

If you look at the Arabic world they can't understand why the US support Israel in killing the Palestinian. and I actually understand them. I've said before that I do not support terrorism but the Israelli government aren't doing a good job with palestinians IMO.

Why can't they march with signs of "Saddam, leave Iraq"? I think swede-protesters are insane, they walk around with palestinian flags (okay, nothing wrong with that but: ) and with signs with this text: "Bomb Israel instead of Iraq". Is this justice all of a sudden? Maybe they'd supported Hitler too? If Saddam leaves, then there would be no war. Besides that, the anti-war marches also have many communists in them, with signs like: "Bomb America", "Drop Bush not Bombs" and "Thanks God I am not an American".

I am really ashamed when I see them on the TV and in the newspaper...

yea, that is pretty sad. people who are protesting the war are exposing themselves a bit here. ON the outside they are claiming the reason for their protest is because they care about all the innocent people of Iraq.

Hardly.

They protest because they are anti-Bush, anti-USA, anti-Israel ....

just plain ANTI.