Iraq Issues

You seem to forget that its not up to the US or anyone else for that matter to prove that Iraq has weapons. It is up to Iraq to show that they have destroyed the weapons that we already know exist. Iraq hasn't done that, they have shown no sign of doing that, so how long do we wait?

Iraq was known to be making weapons grade uranium in a process that would take 5-7 years before it would be ready. Do we wait until they declare they have a nuclear bomb like happened with North Korea?

Ok well here is some of my sources on Iraq still working on getting nukes... waiting on some from you. :)

http://www.nci.org/sadb.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,767235,00.html

Saddam Hussein will have enough weapons-grade uranium for three nuclear bombs by 2005, a former Iraqi nuclear engineer told senators yesterday, as the US Congress held hearings on whether to go to war.
"IAEA's recent claims that they have 'neutralized [iraq's] nuclear-weapon program' and 'destroyed all their key buildings and equipment' related to weaponization are patently false, and the Agency's own inspection reports prove it," said Steven Dolley, NCI research director.

It looks like everyone wants to see blood. I think Bush for example is hoping that the inspectors will find anything. And that he is dissapointed when it turns out that there is nothing at all.

But as I asked before. What about Iraq AFTER the war? Will everyone leave the people, like it has happened alot of times before?

What happens after:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/02/03/1044122320739.html

Blix warning Iraq:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030204/ap_wo_en_po/un_gen_un_iraq_1

Earthnuker have you read the UN resolution? The inspectors don't have to find weapons for their to be a "material breach". Iraq has to prove that they have destroyed all of their weapons. Which they haven't been doing.

They will be free

I wish it would be that simple.

The people there don't ask screaming for a new leader. They are often brainwashed. They won't like changes, for they will always be unlucky for them.

Putting someone else there then Saddam Hussein isn't going to help with rebuilding

I know what the resolution means. Iraq has no doubt plans to resume their projects, and they probably didn't destroy all of their weapons, wich is why they aren't willing to cooperate. But whatever they have left, it's probably just unusable scrap, and nukes aren't easy to construct.

If the war could be fought without much casualties I might have been in favour of removing Sadam, but the coming war will be a bloody war.

How about all underground bases? All secret bases? Maybe they hide some inside Bagdad itself? What are spy-planes going to reveal then? And how does the inspectors know of bases not on maps and other locations that are printed on paper?

What about the 30,000 canisters of VX gas and other toxins he posessed AFTER the gulf war? I'd say that is not exactly "unusable"

There was an inspection of the Iraqi arsenal 2 years ago, and nothing was found

ROFL!

*slaps head*

BWWAAAA-hAHAHAHAHAH!! lachen001.gif

My relatives have a 20 acre plot of land. I could hide 10 crates myself so that not even a dozen people could find them given a whole month.

Iraq is 438,317 sq km. This material EXISTED 7 years ago in the HANDS OF HUSSEIN. He needs to give an account for it. YOu think that because a few piddly inspectors are unable to find the material that it automatically means it doesn't exist? UNTIL HE GIVES AN ACCOUNT FOR THE UNDISPUTED FACT THAT HE POSSESSED THIS MATERIAL, IT IS RATIONALLY ASSUMED HE STILL HAS IT

*good grief, what is wrong with ppl?*

I'll admit he has to account for the weapons that are known to be there, but the direct reason for the inspection was that the US claimed to have evidence that Iraq was building nuclear weapons. So far we have not seen even a spec of evidence of these ghostly nukes...

And what makes you think that he will not use the weapons he has if you invade? One could argue that provoking a currently passive dictator into gassing Tel Aviv isn't protecting anyone from sh1t.

well i think i will be better able to add to this thread after today. For today is the day that Colin Powell is bringing declassified intelligence before the security council. once we know what it is, then I will be better able to respond. so i'll wait for the info and then come back to this thread later. feiertag014.gif

From what I'm seeing on television right now, they never found the smoking gun they always said they found. Nor have they any evidence of nuclear weapons, as they initially yelled.

And some of those spy photos are months old. It really sucks that the UN has no intelligence themselves.