Iraq Issues

I think that the EU should stand united on things like this. I dislike scenarios like this where half the union says A and the other says B.

Don't get me started on american financial intrests in Iraq. Bush messed up the economy good, and the weapons industry is going to fare well if the war does come.

And: oil. Many of the oil the US imports comes from questionable countries. And Iraq happens to have the second largest oil supply in the world.

Oh, and Emprowrm, do you realize how small a billion dollar is compared to France annual income? Hardly a reason for anything.

Can a war be financed trough the stock markets? In Iron Storm, a game, the first world war never ended, and to finance it, the "world" put the whole thing on the stock exchange. Well, not because I think this war will last SO long, but say, some future mega WH4k war or something...

oooh!!!

THE DECISION TO allow Secretary of State Colin Powell to use the electronic intercepts in his speech next Wednesday to the U.N. was described by U.S. intelligence officials as extraordinary. Electronic intercepts by the NSA are considered the most jealously guarded of all U.S. intelligence secrets and government officials are normally loath to even refer to their existence for fear of tipping off targets and drying up invaluable sources of information.

But in this case, officials said, the intercepts are so damning and dramatic that officials say their release outweighs the potential harm

I agree with you earthnuker this is as I've mentioned before exactly why we need a president in the EU, and more power to the parliament.

This walking behind each others back will do no good at all.

I'm waiting for the tape hopefully it will bring evidence otherwise, I hope Blix and he's men will have more time.

so.... tomorrow we'll see what evidence Bush holds. I read an article in a danish paper about the EU going together with an arab delegation demanding Saddam to lay down his weapons.

No matter what, what terrifies me the most is the response an attack on Iraq will make in the other arab countries. This will be a great opportunity fot thr fundamentalist to declare Jihad and overthrow, governments friendly to the western world. I think Bush is going to war with out thinking through the consequences.

All other arabian countries are against Hussain. Iran is his former enemy, which was also one of targets of his chemical weapons, Kuwait too, S.Arabia is long-time ally of USA, Turkey is trying to be democratic so it won't support dictators and Syria had many stand-offs and it was fortune they had not fallen into war. Most powerful arabian power - Al-Kaida - won't support them since they had attacked Kuwait. Saddam is doomed. But if he'll show us evidence that his banned arsenal was destroyed, he can survive. But if he won't, then he should pray on knees ahead of NATO might!

the only people in the world that support Hussein right now are peace freak extremists (minority of sparse people scattered around the world), France (who is owed 1 billion by hussein), and Germany (who's chancellor got elected off anti-US propoganda) Of course, other totalitarian regimes are against it as well, but other than that, most of the world wants to see Hussein out and would support the UNITED NATIONS joint effort to remove him from power.

the only people in the world that support Hussein right now are peace freak extremists (minority of sparse people scattered around the world), France (who is owed 1 billion by hussein), and Germany (who's chancellor got elected off anti-US propoganda) Of course, other totalitarian regimes are against it as well, but other than that, most of the world wants to see Hussein out and would support the UNITED NATIONS joint effort to remove him from power.

you're wrong there even high standing CIA agents are against, and just about half of Europe. as for the UN attack Bush allready said he would attack even without a new resolution.

How do you think tha arab public look at the western world and how do you think it will affect them when the casualties among civilians begin to rise?

And as for Al-Qaeda and Saddam, I know they don't like each other however doesn't Bush claim to have evidence about them working together?

no i'm right. bush will attack without a UN resolution, but the problem is he wont need to. ONly a few extremist anti-us haters around the world and a couple bigoted countries like France and German are willing to stand against the UN and support Hussein, a cruel wicked tyrrannical murderer who has gassed his own people and regularly commits barbaric crimes against humanity. A country like France or Germany to support that kind of barbarism in the name of $$$ (for France), or to win an election (for Germany) only tells me that part of the EU wants to go back to "Old Europe"

Thankfully, rational nations such as the UK still have moral clarity.

and lol! I dont care what the arab world thinks of the west. That has already been made clear. I dont support barbarism in the name of appeasement.

no i'm right. bush will attack without a UN resolution, but the problem is he wont need to. ONly a few extremist anti-us haters around the world and a couple bigoted countries like France and German are willing to stand against the UN and support Hussein, a cruel wicked tyrrannical murderer who has gassed his own people and regularly commits barbaric crimes against humanity. A country like France or Germany to support that kind of barbarism in the name of $$$ (for France), or to win an election (for Germany) only tells me that part of the EU wants to go back to "Old Europe"

Thankfully, rational nations such as the UK still have moral clarity.

and lol! I dont care what the arab world thinks of the west. That has already been made clear. I dont support barbarism in the name of appeasement.

Well in that case, I think you should take a look at this. You might find it interesting.

Quit hammering on the one billion dollard debt! To us it seems like a lot of money, but to a country it really isn't. Comparison: the Pentagon alone spends an entire billion every day.

If you think that invading Iraq is going to be as easy as Afghanistan, think again. In this war, it will all be about the capitol Baghdad. There is no way that even the most competent general could take a city without numerous civilian casualties. By the end of the war, the streets will have run red with the blood of innocent Iraqi citicens, unless Sadam realises he can't win and retreats (wich seems rather unlikely).

Attack Iraq, and what next? Any other country that is bad in the eyes of the USA?

Ok, they may be right, and a war is needed. But what if the war has ended. Will the USA really help to rebuild the country? What would be something completely new...

you must hold in mind that countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc have a very fragile government, and the anger toward the US is becomming more and more obvious, one of the reasons being the many american soldiers in the area. If an attack will occur the governments may fall and Arabic fanatics will come in power, wich will lead to new wars in the entire middle east.

And if you believe that this will remove terror, well I think you're wrong, I believe that it will create more young brainwashed arabs with great hatred to the west.

here's the thing about these polls- they are always slanted.

Take this poll: However, 33 per cent of Americans supported unilateral action, and 34 per cent backing action if it was UN-sanctioned.

In other words, 67% support disarming Iraq by force. That is what the poll doesn't tell you. By giving THREE options, polls are able to contort statistics to fit their political views.

then all they have to do is to stop hating the west and not go against western policies and we will leave them alone if they pose no threat. but if they think hating the west and destablalizing governments is going to make the west run home i dont think that will work.

they make the polls to narrow so that there are many options. if they said do you want to attack iraq or not with any circumstances, then it is much easier to make out

So, Iraq will be beaten by mighty armies from the nations of USA, UK and ...wait for it... the Czech Republic. Well done to all you Czechs out there for being clever and not following the moaning groaning European Crowd. (Well, you can't blame France, Germany etc as they were never any good at fighting wars anyway)