Sig Images?

Gobalopper

Should images be allowed in signatures?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should images be allowed in signatures?

• Yes
    • No

Well, I'm in a strange paradox now. I used to have a signature pic, but I changed it long ago for Gob's (and my own) sake.

When I had the picture sig, I thought it was wonderful, and scorned forums that did not allow them for being "conformist". And begged Gob not to change to text-only, arguing it was one of the *few* individualities we have, as FED2K forum posters.

However, now that I've changed to a code-based text siggy, I have come to appreciate it's individuality, and I've found myself disliking the pictures for thier size and lack of discipline.

I like your signature, rogue, and I would feel odd without Timmen's unique (though somewhat mysterious...A harvester?) picture.

So I'm going to think about it for a while before casting my vote.

Again what about an option for those that choose not to view sigs. It will alow those with slower modems to turn the sigs off and pages load quicker. I have viewed this on other sites but dont know the options on this one. But that would seem to be a good medium for those that want sigs and those that dont.

Well yeah that too, I have seen some badly done sig images and it just makes my eyes want to bleed, or for whatever reasons... that option would be pretty nifty. ^-^

EDIT- This message wazs in reply to

It's not loading time as much that matters as much as the fact that some sigs can be bannoying or even provocative.

But since Rouge decided to jump in fornt of me and post while I was posting then some of you might not of understood what I was saying. So now I am editing it to help those that may have gotten confused by Rouge's rudeness... just goes to show ya somebody was right when they said "Oh great not another FEW". I tell ya if it's not one thing then it's another, who in the hell do they think they are?! I'm getting to the point of putting every last one of them on my Ignore list.

As a matter of fact I will do it right now. :P